Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Alaska (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Alaska
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hon. Project day was disgusting. Urgh.

I have so much work to do I'm freaking out. Grrr.

Anyway, there's Buffy later and I have a tub of KFC. Yum.

That should make me feel better.

And I'm glad your comp is finally getting its act together. Yippie.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
News of the day:

*He has arrived safely on the little tropical Island up north, already has a lot to tell but no time to do so (he met John Howard - of all people - today, but apparently did not kick him in the butt. What a missed opportunity!)

*My wedding day might be Saturday, August 17th 2002 (that's what the people at Emode think).

*If I were a dog, I'd apparently be a Chihuaha (yup, Emode again) - "Saucy and intense, your energy and unfailing loyalty make you a great companion. Woof!"

*He's the One. And yup that's coutesy of Emode, too!

* And yes, I was bored out of my mind today. And not very productive at all.

Tomorrow shall be better. I should make it better.

------------------
"I am capable of, but sometimes not interested in making myself happy."

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 02-20-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just another day of being totally anti-social.

I think I should indeed use this time to clear my head regarding how I'll organize the next few months. I need to do that, actuallly. It will be a way to work against all that self-hate and self-doubt that seems to be lurking just around the corner again. And I guess it's the only way to finish all this unfinished business that I need to finish before I can head to Australia....I should stop wasting these days. I really should.

Am really looking forward to my appointment with Dr.K tomorrow. Not that I know whether I can express whatever is bothering me. Because I *am* happy. In a way. I am in love. I feel loved. But I feel alienated from everyone. It's all so theoretical...I need something *real*. Maybe I just have an InternetOverdose™.

Time for bed. Gute Nacht to you all.

------------------

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Alaska. I hope you're having a good day That's cool that you want to do some "spring cleaning" ,so to speak, before you go to Australia. After reading your entries, I find myself getting anxious over you getting to Australia! You seem to love your guy so much, and I want you to be with him! I can't wait until you two'll be together. Well, I hope your appointment went well today. Take care!
Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babes...our wedding dates are surprisingly close. LOL.

Mine is Saturday, September 14, 2002. Haha.

I think we shld seriously start planning for our weddings.

Oh and I'm a Collie.

Yes, I'm really bored too.

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 02-22-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Happy today. Happy. Happy. Happy. Happy.
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Nothing too exciting happening these days. It's Carnival in this quaint European City, and the Marching bands are noisy 24/7, really. The downside of living downtown. How good it will all be over come wednesday, oh how I love lent after those noisy days.

Am heading home, too, to watch the cat, the house, the book shop, and that should all be good.
Plenty of news from my guy, too, and that's good. He works very hard and is learning lots, even though the stuff he sees at the clinic certainly isn't nice, lots of syphilis, chlamydia infections of the eyes, tthat sort of thing. The fact he's living about 100m from a salt water crocodile infested beach isn't exactly calming, but it sounds as if things are going well. Thankfully it doesn't sound as if Rural health is his new conviction. (Oh, I am mean thinking this, I know, he is doing a great thing there....but, it just wouldn't go well in our future plan together, how many IP lawyers are needed in the Outback?) I miss him terribly. Did I need to day that?

Anyway, almost bedtime over here. Didn't get much sleep last night because adrenaline was raging inside of me. And had a nasty headache all day today. So tonight - sleep and peace. Tomorrow: packing & dinner with Mic (not sure yet, whether that was such a good idea). Wednesday: home.

Good to have a plan.

Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Alaska. I'm sorry to hear you didn't feel so well today I hope you're feeling better tomorrow. A good night's sleep will do you good! I hope you have sweet dreams. Take care and have fun on Wednesday.
Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

You're not going to be on icq for 2 and a half weeks?

I'll really really miss you hon.

Hopefully we will get to talk later. Now I have to zoom off for school. *hugs*

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Nah, girls, no worries, I was my usual bubbly-good-mood self yesterday. I was just pissed off big time by zee noooiiiise!
Anyway, yes, Lin, it's true. No icq for 2 1/2 weeks....scary, eh? Have been pondering whether I should download it to my parents computer in the bookshop, but then....if that is messed up....oy oy oy.

Anyway. Time to start the day for now, more later.

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

busy. busy. busy. busy.
Hope it'll all be better soon.

The sun was shining all day today, and sitting on the floor in my rents living room around lunch time, listening to David Gray, it almost felt like spring. And I was at peace with myself. At least something.

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, sounds like life in generally is stressful for everybody right now for some reason doesn't it? Ah well, we'll all survive I suppose. I hope you're at least getting a little bit of rest this break dear, you really deserve it! I'll talk to you later!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Reality is nothing but a collective hunch."
~Lily Tomlin

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

I did it babe. I got the Editorial post. *hugs Alaska and jumps around wildly*

And I'm sure it must have been from all the positive energy you guys sent to me.

Anyway hon, hope everything is going well. Even if you are incredibly busy. *big hugs*

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there! Thanks bunches for the email...it's amazing how someone so far away knows exactly what to say to make me feel better! I'm sorry I didn't write you back, but I've had some minor computer problems while I was at home...but I'm back now. And it's all good, cause he is coming in April! Yay! Well, more later...I hope you're enjoying your break!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Reality is nothing but a collective hunch."
~Lily Tomlin

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

The uterus elves with the spiky shoes have been torturing me for the past two days. I bet it was extra bad because I didn't follow the lovely advice in regards to Aspirin that Hanne gave me four weeks ago. I shall know better and try it come four weeks time.

Apart from that, I'm doing okay. Lots of work at the booksop, and I'm happy that the rents will be back on Saturday and that I will hence be able to head home Monday or Tuesday (depending on whether I'll go clothing shopping with mom on Monday or not). Apart from the dancing elves, the week was okay so far, really. Not that I know why the days have flown by so quickly. Oh well.

Ev is back from the island today...Tried to call him for the first time in 4 weeks a little while ago, but only reached his voicebox. No need to be worried, though, I guess, he prolly hadn't even arrived back in Darwin yet. Can't wait for him to go back to Melbourne tomorrow. Far from crocodiles and nasty jellyfish. Close to a regular phone.

Things are okay, really. But I guess I need breakfast now, and some caffeine and a few more aspirine. Slept really bad last night, and started reading my Buffy season three episode guide at 5am. yeah. I need sleep, too.

Now I'll log off, bring yesterday's money to the bank (enough for a spontaneous fligvht to Australia...), go to the post office, get back to the shop. Later I'll have to pay the cleaning lady (how nice that I don't have to clean up the house before the rents come home, I had enough clenaing, clenaing up after the stupid cat last week. She peeded everywhere, I swear. Just because my mother, her main feeder, wasn't there. Nasty cat.), put petrol in the car, cook a healthy dinner (and bake some swedish cinammon rolls, so that it doesn't get too healthy), visit my grandma, get back to the shop. Yeah. Busy. Busy. Busy.

Friend of mine scanned 30 recent pics yesterday for me, including some nice ones of Ev and me. They need some work though, tried it on the puter here, which needed a MINUTE just to load the pictures. (What is this, a 100Mhz?? I need to check this.) So it'll be a few days before I put them online. But it's lovely, finally pics of me online tht I've chosen. How good.

I almost bought my first item of HOT (Home Order Television) the other day, just because of this photo thing. They had a USB Digital Camera on Special Offer, that could even do short films, and the price was 179DM (about 90$). Hmmm. Anyway. Time for breakfast (after bank, post offive, other bank that is).

Things are fine, really. Overall, I mean. Quite surprising.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 03-15-2001).]

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Ooh yippie hon! Really glad to hear you will be coming back too.

Back to the land of ICQ. And I'm glad everything seems to be going well so far.

You were reading a 3-episode Buffy guide at 5 am? Oh hon, you really need some shut eye. There's no more Buffy here and I'm suffering major withdrawal syndromes. Sigh.

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

I'm getting sick. I *feel* it. My ears hurt, and my mouth is dry and yucky and I've got a sore throat. Plus my stomach was freaky today (and didn't even lke the healthy dinner I cooked). This is how it usually starts. Grrrr. Where the hell did that come from so quickly?

Talked to Ev, even though it was only for a very short while because he was on his way to his first good dinner in 4 weeks. I felt a little pang of jealousy...or envy rather, he was having a good time, it's summer over there, he was in the company of girls. And because he doesn't watch his use of the word "Freundin". Grrr. I hate it when I get jealous. Because I am NOT a jealous person anymore and because I know that he loves me and yadayadayada...but I still wished I could be where he was. Grrrrr. I guess it's all worse because I'm feeling sick.

Thankfully, I stopped my negative thinking quite quickly, good on me.

Anyway. Will get a real phone call in about 3 hours. Yeah. My voice is even more seductive than usual, *lol*.

At the third bank I went to for bookshop matters, I met one of my former classmates who I hadn't seen since graduation back in 1997. We chatted for about half an hour and she told me about all the marriages (at least 7) and all the babies (at least 2) that people from our grade have had since then....oh, the gossip. It was lovely, really. I heard that one of my former classmates who had a long-distance relationship with a guy from Austria throughout the last 4 years of grammar school got married to him 2 years ago, how cool. Am happy for her, really. I just love to see long-distance things working out.

Time to head home, have a cup of tea, try to eat something and wait for my call.

More tomorrow.

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Oh, and Lin sweetest, thanks for post #50 in my VP thread! And the Buffy episode guide was worth staying awake. I've now read up on all the episodes I never saw and understand EVERYTHING happening now (in season 4). Like the coming back of Giles old *friend* Ethan (or something) in our next episode. Yeah. Lovely. And reading up on the Angel stuff I missed out helps me with Angel, too.

Oh, dear, I have no real life at the moment, I confess.

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

I'm sick. Big time. Last night, in a moment of panic I was thinking it might be TSS (but then my fever wasn't high enough, and the rash wasn't a rash and my neck only felt bad because I'd been lying on the couch in a not very comfy position). Woah, panicky little me.
This morning, I finally feel what this is - a full blown head cold. My entire head hurst like hell. My ears hurt. And I can feel the yucky fluids *moving* in my sinuses. Urgh. (Sorry for the gory details).
I think I should call my ENT rigth now and try to get an appointemnet for later in the day.

Talked to Ev last night until his mobile went dead. It was lovely. He is lovely. And he seems to have learned a lot in those four weeks. Sigh. He's good. And I'm happy that he's in my life.

More soon.
Gotta try to reach my ENT now, go to the bank now, meet a former teacher afterwards, and then ehad to bed.
Am sick. Duh.

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

lol honey.

Yes, I have reached 1000 posts. And I told Heather she better watch her back before I beat her number of posts. And she said that if I do, she will feel incredibly sad for me.

And I'm sorry to hear you are feeling lousy. *hugs* Go get yourself checked out by a doctor as soon as possible hon. And I hope you start feeling much better very soon. Sending lots of positive healing energy your way.

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

I'm on antibiotics.
Duh.
Got an ear infection again, a really bad one. Guess my pain threshold for ear pain is really high, because I've apparently had loads of ear infections but never had em treated because they never hurt. The inside of my left ear (the one where the eardrum collapsed last year) is all scarred. And if it happens again, it could impair my hearing. yeah. Thankfully, my right ear is apprently more infected than the left one.

I slept for most of the day. Forgot about my grandmo (wanted to visit her this afternoon). Am feeling like crap.

Not good.

This is not my day. How good that the rents will be back tomorrow. I want someone to care for me.

Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Hey, Alaska. I'm sorry you're not in good health I hope you feel better soon! Have your parents tuck you in bed and make you chicken noodle soup That usually does the trick... At least for the time being. Am thinking about you... Take care of yourself.

------------------
Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes, because then you're a mile away, and you've got their shoes!

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Aww sweetie!

*big hug*

Get better!

~KittenGoddess

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Alaska....you take care of yourself, okay? Remember, I'm countin' on you getting back your ICQ to keep me sane. haha

Heilen Sie, bitte...meine Freundin.

--Danny

(Ich habe Deutsch gestudiert, aber ich kann nicht Duetsch spreche)

------------------
Remember...absence makes the heart grow fungus.

ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Thanks people.... You made me smile, really.

Not feeling much better yet, I still need to get groceries, get the shop going, visit grandmother and clean the place a little before the rents arrive this afternoon. Thankfully, Fabian will pick em up at the airport. Thank you brother. Sometimes, he can be quite lovely. Strange, very very strange.

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

I still find it freaky how your brother has the same name as my bf.

Always takes me a minute when you mention his name. Oooh..she's talking about her brother.

You really should rest lots so that you can get back on ICQ soon. See how many people are depending on you getting back your ICQ? *lol*

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Sweetest, you only have to wait till Monday! I actually can't wait to go home. I miss my flat. And my puter. And icq. And you.
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Back. Both me and the boards. Pheeew. How good.
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Ah, we were going to talk about that article today weren't we dear? I completely forgot! lol

What do you think of my new signature? You provided half of the idea...I'm going to change it everyday now!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Am I nervous? Am I scared? Is it worth it? Should I even care? ...Man I like this guy, I really like him alot!"
~Pam Tillis, 'Please'

~*~12 days till M-day~*~

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Oh hon, I have been online but everytime I come on, there isn't anyone here.

And since the boards aren't here, there is nothing for me to pass the time with till you come on. But I shall be on everyday from now on at around noon, your time.

Have missed you so much as well as the boards. Goodness, we keep gushing about how much we have missed the boards. People are going to think we are insane.

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

[RANDOM]

In random thought mode:

*Want to be healty again. Whatever is causing all this is rather persistant. Grrrrr. It definitely wasn't all bacterial, the antibiotics would have killed it long ago.

*Everything is kinda okie, really, apart from my work motivation. But that will prolly return with my health. Am happy how things are going with Ev. Happy how things stand with the rents.

*I want a plane ticket to Oz. And a backrub.

*My face doesn't look as if I'm about to die from a flesh eating bacteria infection. Thanks, higher power who did that! (The goddess of no makeup, I assume)

*Oh how I missed my diary. How good to have it back. How good to see Flytrappy still loves me and keeps sucking my earlobes.

*Nothing's better than realizing he hasn't even thought about sex with psychobitch.

*I love this place. Very much. Jsut realized that today. Thanks Heather, for creating this! And thanks all for helping make this place as fab as it is.

*I shall buy a Crowded House CD.

*I feel a little clueless as to how initiate ex at the mo. Bummer.

*Fabi didn't manage to get the stuff I wanted from London...but has organised for a colleague who goes there next week to go shopping for me. How cool.

*I need sleep.

*Looking forward to Dr.K.

*Sleep=Now.

[/RANDOM]

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

lol Yes, talking in code about periods would probably seem rather odd to the rest of the general population...but hey, we're HA's *plays "Independent Women" (by Destiny's Child) in the background*, so we can't be completely normal. That would take all the fun out of it!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Am I nervous? Am I scared? Is it worth it? Should I even care? ...Man I like this guy, I really like him alot!"
~Pam Tillis, 'Please'

~*~10 days till M-day~*~

Cypher
Activist
Member # 1881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cypher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alaska, just to let you know that you're free to read my OD anytime you like! I got your message in my thread, but I thought I'd post a reply in yours!

~ Cypher

------------------
Smile, though your heart is breaking....

My crazy little universe....

Posts: 289 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

*sings*"......he's my brand new toy, I like the way he moves me....my brand new toy...."

I finally bought a scanner! Yeah! What a lovely toy for someone as narcistic as me.

The last few days have been kinda nice....Spend lots of time with Tina; enjoyed the sunshine (FINALLY!); had a delicious dinner with Silke tonight. In adition, my skin doesn't look as scary anymore. Woo-hoo.

So all's kinda well, really. But right now, Laska needs sleep. A lot of sleep, straight away......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Thanks for the card, dear! It was quite lovely. Our conversations are just so much fun! Ah well, I'm off to take a nap now...not that I really need a nap, I should probably go to the gym or something instead. But then again, I probably won't be able to sleep much in the near future with all the excitment, so maybe I should just rest when I'm tired.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
~Pam Tillis, 'Please'

~*~5 days till M-day~*~

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.