Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Water-based lube that's not currently tested on animals?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Water-based lube that's not currently tested on animals?
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't sure whether this would be better in Sexual Ethics and Politics, if the staff think so they can move it. I am not here to pass judgement on anyone for which lube they use, and I want to make that quite clear before I continue this post.

Basically, see thread title. I am not concerned with whether the product has been tested on animals in the past, as far as I'm concerned what's done is done. But I would prefer to use a lube that is not tested on animals now, I currently use KY Jelly and I'm not sure if that is or not. I can't promise I'll switch as soon as I get a suggestion, I have limits to what I can afford and also I have developed thrush from certain lube brands in the past so I want to exercise caution. I am looking for plain, water based lube, but if anyone has suggestions for silicone-based and/or flavoured lube, please post them here as well, as they may be of help to others, but remember to mention those details about it.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of the lubes I'm aware of that don't do any animal testing are:
• Pjur Eros Bodyglide
• Yes lubricant
• Slippery Stuff
• Velvet
• Sliquid lubes
• Good Clean Love
• Emirita lubes
• Pink lube
• Oh My lubes
• Hathor lubes
• Astroglide

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankyou so much Heather, I did do an internet search before asking but a list didn't come up.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's because, for the most part, we still can't internet search my brain. [Smile] But someday!

So, those are just some of the ones I know about: there are likely more.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blossomorganics
Neophyte
Member # 56977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blossomorganics     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Full disclosure - I work for Blossom Organics, so I might be a little biased [Smile]

We never test any of our formulas on animals.

Also, our lubes are pH balanced to the vagina, so they will not lead to thrush, yeast infections, bv or any other imbalances.

Posts: 1 | From: Northern California | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.