Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Pill Conditions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pill Conditions
Smiley64
Activist
Member # 34285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smiley64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on Ortho Tri-Cyclen, and I had a question about whether or not the 2 packs I bought are alright. I was traveling home from college yesterday and I did some christmas shopping on the way home. I meant to put them in my purse so they could stay with me, but I forgot them in the car, as they were my extra packages ( the one I am on now was with me in my purse) and packed away in another suitcase. I was in the mall for about 3 hours and it was probably about 25-30 degrees F. I know heat can do alot more damage, but it says to try to keep them around 60-85 degrees F, and they were in much colder temperatures than that. They were in an insulated bag, but I don't know how much that would actually help. I was wondering if you think they are still okay and effective, or if I should call and ask my clinic, or get new packages. Thanks in advance!
Posts: 169 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since the exposure was such a short time, you're probably okay. If you stuck them in the freezer for a couple of days or something, that probably wouldn't be good...but a few hours in a chilly care isn't going to make a difference.

If you're concerned though, there's no harm in calling your clinic or pharmacy to check.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smiley64
Activist
Member # 34285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smiley64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, thanks so much =)
Posts: 169 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.