Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » can't shake paranoia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can't shake paranoia
piecesofme2
Activist
Member # 43221

Icon 9 posted      Profile for piecesofme2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, I can't let the fact that I never got a period go, and despite my negative pregnancy tests I get worried that this months withdrawal bleed won't come like it is supposed to. (not for 2 more weeks). I take my pills perfectly and we always use condoms, but I am so afraid of being that statistic.I didn't worry as much when my withdrawal bleeds were predictable, but the last few months I have had no predicatbility.

I have been reading way too much about missed periods and negative pregnancy tests, but people still being pregnant, even though it makes no sense to me. So... I took 2 more tests, one wednesday (17 days after my last risk) and one yesterday (18 days after my last risk) both were negative. 18 days should be more than enough time for an HPT to be accurate right?

Posts: 115 | From: east coast | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, first things first: STOP reading that stuff. Seriously. Especialy if you are not reading medically-documented cases, but things like Yahoo answers, where we can find just as many people reporting meetings with aliens as people who report having a period every month like clockwork, a ton of negative pregnancy tests and then a delivery (which is just as unlikely as the aliens, I assure you).

If you've got yourself in THIS much of a tizzy, and cannot calm down, the most productive and sound use of your time and energy isn't to go read likely-inaccurate online reporting, it's to check in with your doctor.

By all means, your tests by now should be accurate, but if you just can't accept that, the best thing you could do for yourself would be to go to your doctor, get a blood test, and have a chat with them about the reality of pregnancy, in-person.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67161 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piecesofme2
Activist
Member # 43221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for piecesofme2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will try my hardest not to read anything more on the internet... its so hard though when I feel so confused! I have never had these issues to worry about because my birth control always regulated me so much. I guess I am just so unsure since I don't know what to expect anymore. Based on what you are saying though, there is no reason why IF I was actually pregnant a pregnancy test wouldn't have picked up on it by now, and given all of my negatives 14 days and past, that there is no way I would have a pregnancy on my hands? When I called my doctors back when I missed my period 2 weeks ago they just said to take a test before I started my new pack, they never gave me definite answers as to why it didn't come, or if that is even common.
Posts: 115 | From: east coast | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robot_on_fire
Activist
Member # 45735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robot_on_fire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as a person who works myself up into over thinking... let me give you a piece of advice.

Take a deep breath, make a doctor's appointment, and then STOP THINKING about it.

I know it can be frightening , but chances are that you ARE NOT pregnant. so stop thinking about it, and go see your doctor .

when i deal with my anxiety issues, a method i use is think about the worse thing that could happen and accept it and know no matter what you will be able to deal with it.

best wishes, and i hope everything goes well.

Posts: 92 | From: las vegas | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piecesofme2
Activist
Member # 43221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for piecesofme2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much! I guess I just can't wrap my head around the fact that I am being very safe, and that it is unlikely for all of my methods to fail. Its great to see that other people feel the same way and I am not alone in my worrying. Sometimes comfort is all that is needed.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.