Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Just started my BC Pills

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just started my BC Pills
beautifulS0LE
Activist
Member # 33229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beautifulS0LE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just started taking my BC pills and I found out that I'll be gone in May for a month. I'm not sure if I should take my BC pills with me bc I'm scared my parents will find it. What is the best thing for me to do?
Posts: 51 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's best, if you can, to not discontinue your birth control pills, especially if you've just started them. By starting and stopping your pills, you're just setting yourself up for a bunch of cycle wonkiness, plus, you couldn't really rely on them as being effective in pregnancy protection for a good couple months by taking them in this way.

Do you have a purse or personal toiletry bag that you'll be taking with you? Could you slip them in there (maybe alongside some tampons in a box or a few pads) and then just take your pill when you're using the restroom in the morning or at night? That way you'd have them stored in a discreet place and could take them at a time you know you wouldn't barged in on.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautifulS0LE
Activist
Member # 33229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beautifulS0LE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I could do that. Hopefully they won't find them.

Thank you!

Posts: 51 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.