Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » What do you think would be best?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you think would be best?
Manlyman27
Neophyte
Member # 24814

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manlyman27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, i'm trying to decide what type of condoms to get, and I thought you guys might be able to help if I gave some info. Soo... yeah, i'm looking for like, latex condoms that would fit well on a 7 1/2 inch penis, and arent like, colored or anything, and have good sensitivity but also and very safe. i know thats pretty general, but im mainly concerned about it not being to tight or loose, cause i used some regular trojans and they were really tight and hurt like a bitch.
Posts: 2 | From: west palm beach, fl, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, Trojans tend to be a little narrow. Durex and Beyond Seven condoms tend to be wider. Lifestyles is wider than Trojan, but very slightly narrower than Durex. Most brands of condoms can roll down 8 inches, so legnth probably won't be a problem.

Wearing some water-based lube also helps the condom feel more comfy. Just add a drop inside the condom.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manlyman27
Neophyte
Member # 24814

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manlyman27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
yes, Trojans tend to be a little narrow. Durex and Beyond Seven condoms tend to be wider. Lifestyles is wider than Trojan, but very slightly narrower than Durex. Most brands of condoms can roll down 8 inches, so legnth probably won't be a problem.

Wearing some water-based lube also helps the condom feel more comfy. Just add a drop inside the condom.

Umm... condom country or some other site of that sort said beyond sevens were actually THINNER...??

Posts: 2 | From: west palm beach, fl, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thinner or narrower?

Thin usually refers to the condom material/latex itself. Narrow refers to the width or girth of the condom and the condom ring.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beyond Sevens are actually a condom with a narrower, rather than a larger, base.

Know though that the length of a penis has little to no bearing on a condom fit, because I can fit my whole arm in most condoms when it comes to length.

Durex brands are effective, ahve many styles, and have a ring size whichh should be comfortable and secure for most men.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.