Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Tha Pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tha Pill
Jenni_05
Activist
Member # 17270

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok i'm a lil confused bout the pill so correct me if i am wrong.

For the last year or so had been on the pill it was one that helped my skin and it was a 35mcg pill so as it got too bout 8mths in taking i felt myself feeling really anxious and depressed and was crying alot over nothing and feeling abit down. i went to the doctor and he subscribed me a pill with 30mcg and said to have a break. so i stopped using for bout 2 mths and i was fine when i was off it.

i had 1 pack left and and after having 2 mths off a started taking it again and the same thing started again i was feell really anxious and down.

i was wondering i just started my new pills bout 2 days ago and wanted to know if there is a big difference in 35mcg and 30 mcg as in hormones and if the 35mcg makes on you put on weight.

so far so good on my new pill but i'm only on my sugar tablets so yeah.....

hope this is clear i'm just a little confused.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the 30mcg are obviously less hormonal. There are many different pill formulations because women's body chemistries vary so much. So it might be that a lighter hormonal dose will work better for you and alleviate some of the side effects that you were feeling on the first pill.

The pill doesn't generally cause women to gain weight -- it might cause women to retain water more frequently, but recent studies have shown that there's no definite link between weight gain and taking the pill.

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni_05
Activist
Member # 17270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i also just heard about the new packet of pills coming out that is called seasonale you get like 82 pills and have the sugar pills every 12 weeks (i live in australia so it's not here yet)

i read that u only get 4 periods are year but when u get them the flow of the period is like excessive and that there tooo much blood flow.

i;m not sure if its common or true but every woman is different would u recommend the seasonale pill to any one? would there side bad effects and risks from only having 4 periods a year. i've read about it on like 6 different sites and they are all different.

the thought of having ony 4 periods a year thrills me cos i hate em LOL

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexy Educator
Neophyte
Member # 17335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexy Educator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I know, Seasonale is perfectly safe and the side effects are no different from regular birth control pills - the only exception to that is that patients on Seasonale tend to spot more often during their non-period times than patients on other birth control pills.

But, there's been no evidence that having your period less often is harmful in any way. In fact, for years, many gynecologists have been allowing their patients to take multiple series of birth control pills before taking the sugar pills that cause your period.

------------------
Student Health Educator
Amherst College

Posts: 3 | From: Amherst, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only trouble is, there still isn't any data from long-term research on doing so.

(As myself and my intern have discovered going nuts trying to find some for the book. )

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni_05
Activist
Member # 17270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WICKED!!!!!

Thanks so much guys i'm thinking of trying it but it has'nt reached out here yet so i'm still pending....

Thanks a million

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.