Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Sex in a pool!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex in a pool!!!
alienfreakus
Neophyte
Member # 11448

Icon 5 posted      Profile for alienfreakus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My soon to be wife and I have just instald a pool. Her and I were wondering how would her and I go about haveing sex in the pool with a condom for protection. Wouldn't the chemicals weaken the condom or is it ok. I do know off hand that there is many people that do it everyday. Are they on the pill or useing the condom?
Posts: 3 | From: Greenwitch, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
condoms will not be weakened by the temperature (unless you like *really* hot water) or the chemicals in the pool water.

however, lubrication will be difficult, so seek *silicone* based lubes. these are condom safe and water-resistant.

and having a birth control pill backup is still a good idea

------------------
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odd_hobbit
Activist
Member # 14516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for odd_hobbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thinkI heard somewhere that having sex in a pool or bathtub can be a bad idea. Im not sure though. It was somehting about water getting pushed up the vagina. Also, Im not sure if the cholrine would be fun inside the vagina. It might not get in there but still, it might irritate.
Posts: 40 | From: Purgatory | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightwolf
Neophyte
Member # 14299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin tried this one time. Trust me when I say BAD IDEA!

Hot Tub,Pool ect. is not the best place to have sex at.

Posts: 29 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, to each their own. some people think sex in water is pretty erotic, however, i'm in agreement that it's not all that it's cracked up to be. chlorinated (or brominated) pool water can be pretty drying to the skin. but overall, unless you're not a good swimmer, it's not outright bad for you.

let 'em have a go at it if they wish, but let them be informed of what they're getting into...

------------------

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odd_hobbit
Activist
Member # 14516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for odd_hobbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
would a condom work underwater though? Im just not sure since they arent really designed for underwater usage. BUt I guess if you have pill backup everything should be fine.

------------------
-Rhianne
Space Cadet Glow

Posts: 40 | From: Purgatory | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
normal water will NOT harm condoms unless it's extreme in temperature. if pool water had enough chemicals dissolved in it that it would seriously damage a condom, trust me, you wouldn't want to be swimming in it anyway.

but for real info on how to use a condom properly in water, see my first post in this thread. i assure you, what i said is pretty sound.

------------------

Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had heard, so I guess this qualifies as a myth,that having sex in a pool could cause damage. Apparently, because the penis can act like plunger causing internal bleeding in the woman. Is there any validity to this, or is just one of those old tales?
Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MusicFan
Activist
Member # 13432

Icon 5 posted      Profile for MusicFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I heard that really hot water can kill sperm, so would you even need a condom in a really hot pool? Or is this just a myth?

------------------
Sex is an art.

Posts: 56 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Myth, myth, myth. You still need a condom.

------------------
You were never no locomotive, Sunflower, you were a sunflower!
-Allen Ginsberg

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElizabethAyala
Neophyte
Member # 14984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ElizabethAyala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know this person that was having sex in the bathrub ab feel out and hurt themselfs

------------------
ElizabethAyala

Posts: 2 | From: lumbeton,texas,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dancer0307
Neophyte
Member # 15171

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Dancer0307     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a pretty erotic idea, but fun! Use a condom and the pill to be on the safe side. If you don't like it after the first time, then don't do it again.
Posts: 1 | From: Terrell, TX, United States | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ElizabethAyala:
i know this person that was having sex in the bathrub ab feel out and hurt themselfs

Elizabeth meant to say:
"I know this person who was having sex in the bathtub and fell out and hurt himself/herself."

*I can usually spot a simple typo and not let it bother me, but egregiously bad grammar makes me cringe.

Yes, having sex in a bathtub or shower can be dangerous. Why? Because tubs and showers are slippery, and standing positions can get clumsy. It can be a recipe for disaster. There are some precautions one can take that help reduce risk of injury. A non-slip bathtub mat helps. Or simply not attempting to go at it in a standing position helps, too. I know most tubs are meant only to hold one person at a time, so that limits the possibilities. But hey, if it's logistically not gonna work out, then just don't try it. It's better than a slip and fall on the noggin.

------------------
Be the doctor your parents always wanted you to marry.

breakable
Neophyte
Member # 15147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breakable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i read in cosmo, that there are a lot of bacteria living in pools and hot tubs, and warm water in general. basically, it said that having sex under warm water was bad because he is pushing these bacterias into you.
I've done it in the hot tub before i read that article, and believe me, the suction that the water makes is pure heaven.

Posts: 20 | From: seattle | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Cosmo isn't generally canon 'round these parts, and while it can be true that there is bacteria living in pools, lakes or hot tubs, they're not any more or less likely to be 'pushed' inside a woman during sex than if she were just swimming in the same pool, lake or hot tub.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insane
Activist
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to mention the fact that most pools and hot tubs contain chlorine, to kill just that microorganisms. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Posts: 234 | From: Ottawa, Ont, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.