Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Trojan Poly Condoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trojan Poly Condoms
Sapphire85
Activist
Member # 2709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sapphire85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know how many Scarleteeners don't recommend Trojans ever, and in fact, say that they're one of the worst brands of latex condoms out there. So I was wondering if anyone had used any of the polyurathane condoms made by Trojan. Since I'm allergic to latex, the only two brands I have around me are the Trojan ones and Durex Avanti's- which seem to fit my boyfriend in a strange way. Does anyone know of any reliable brands that they've used or can anyone comment on the Trojan condoms? Thanks!

------------------
"Do what you will, always..
Walk where you like, your steps...
Do as you please,
I'll back you up.." ~DMB

Posts: 121 | From: Some random suburb.. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey saphh, I'll move this down to Safer Sex, where all the other product reviews are, okay?

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."

Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reality, the female condom, is also polyurethane.

I haven't tried the Trojan ones, since I confess that I am very happy with my brands and only try other ones that get sent to me for review.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brenda_91
Activist
Member # 3771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda_91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested in this topic too-- around here (although I don't cruise the condom aisles much), the main brand sold is Trojan. Is a Trojan condom a bad condom? Because that's the kind my boyfriend bought on Friday. I sent him here to the condom guide, but he said he could only find Trojans at the store. I'd appreciate replies! Thanks!

Take Care,
--Karyn

Posts: 60 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My personal and professional experience in what I have found and have heard from all the sorts of people I hear from daily is that in most peoples experience, just about ANY other brand of condom is often more comfortaable and has a better track record when it comes to durability (AKA: not breaking).

Personally, I like lots of brands that aren't in the drugstore, but Durex brands are nearly always available.

Next time, go with your partner to choose condoms. Really, it's nice to do regardless.

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.