Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Lube question ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lube question ...
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okie i went shopping today for a grad present for my bf and the first place i went was the 'it store' (sex shop type thing) ...

We've never used lubrication of any kind (err whatever wasn't on the condom i mean) so i was looking to buy some today. I was looking at the flavoured lubes and it says that you can't use them internally, only for "cosmetic" uses. What else are you supposed to do w/ the stuff? Hmm, weird.

Anyway, i settled on some heated massage oil, that tastes like melon Think he'll be happy w/ that? Lets hope so hehe

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most brands of flavoured lube and fine for oral use, and *probably* fine for vaginal use (in terms of what gets inside your vagina). But in general, I'd only be comfortable suggesting their use for oral sex outside a barrier (like a condom or dam), or in small amounts for oral sex without.

I know that RAIN and WET brands of flavoured are fine for multi-purpose use moderately.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VeNT
Activist
Member # 852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VeNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can i just say that me and my girlfrend will SWARE by KYjelly
i am not sure if you get it in the USA but its over here
oh and don't go near the boots own brand ones
they are well bad!!

Posts: 101 | From: truro cornwall england | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i simply cannot stand KY jelly for sexual play. it tastes horrid. it dries quicky and makes little black pills. it's messy. uggh.

------------------
Someday, I will have a sexy car...a very...sexy...car!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You bought your bf lubes for a grad present?

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots.com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my my friends got me a little thing of lube and condom in matching flavour -- and then used them both herself! Hopefully, this guy'll at least get to try his.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL!!

Oh my ... this is kinda funny, from my point of view. Anyway, no i didn't buy him lube, i bought heated massage oil We've actually both used it on each other and it's fun ... It's really sticky and a b*tch to clean up but it's worth it hehe

~ Smurfy

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.