Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » Millennium/The girl with the dragon tattoo : the movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Millennium/The girl with the dragon tattoo : the movie
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen the new movie Millennium (or The girl with the dragon tattoo) that has just come out recently, the Swedish movie ?

If so, how did you find it ?

I haven't personnally read the books and I therefore didn't quite knew what to expect but got some great feedback from others about this upcoming movie so I went to see it.

It really was one of the most horrible movie I have ever seen because of some very violent scenes there was in it which for the most seemed very realistic, which I didn't expect but which you can easily see coming. The movie is very much about ''women hating''/violence towards women and is very disturbing, even though it's not a real story.

But, the thing is, the movie also had a very positive meaning behind it for me. I very much liked the character ''Lisbeth Salander'' in the movie, not just because she is freaking hot, but because she's just portrayed as this very strong women who's had a very loaded past including multiple abuses who's just a survivor and has become a successful women. I just think that this sends a very positive message that you can go through anything, even the most horrible things.

[ 05-29-2009, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey cool, I'm not familiar with either the movie or the book. Do you have a link or synopsis you could share with those of us that are out of the loop? [Smile]

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't realize that the movie might just not have yet come out in English since it's a Swedish movie but it's a little bit weird because movies are generally translated in English before French. Anyway.

But here's a link to the book which is a trilogy :
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0307269752/ref=nosim/completereview

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Girl_with_the_Dragon_Tattoo

[ 05-29-2009, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Honestly, I haven't been to a movie theater in a few years, and I rarely watch TV, so it may well have already come out in the States. I'm just perpetually behind the times. [Razz] )

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.