Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Withdrawal Bleed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Withdrawal Bleed?
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I've posted on here a couple times before concerning birth control and pregnancy, and I've read the articles on birth control pills and pregnancy scares, but I still have a few questions.

This is my first time on the pill (I'm on Solia) and I'm halfway through my fourth (placebo) week and I have yet to get my withdrawal bleed. I take my pill at the exact time every day, and I did not engage in any sexual activity during the first week before it was active. I did have sex with my boyfriend this past Saturday and Monday, and we used a condom correctly both times. Other than that, we don't have any direct genital to genital contact.

Because of all this, I'm actually not super concerned about pregnancy, at least not at the moment, but should I be? Do some girls just don't have a withdrawal bleed altogether, and is this normal? Or does it just take a while for some people? I'm a little confused.

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

It's actually common for the withdrawal bleed not to come right away when you start your placebo week. Personally when I was on the pill, I would take my last active pill on the Sunday night and then my withdrawal bleed wouldn't come until Thursday or Friday. Since it's also your first month on the pill, it may just be that your body is taking a little bit of time to adjust. I wouldn't stress about pregnancy since it sounds like you've been using your pill and condoms correctly.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for the advice! I actually just got my withdrawal bleed tonight so I'm not worried anymore.
Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.