Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Making love for the first time :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Making love for the first time :)
Yesman
Activist
Member # 45226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yesman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone

Recently i made love to my girlfriend. It was amazing !

she didn't feel much pain because before our first time we thought we'd prepare her through fingering. My penis's width is like two fingers wide so we started gettin her used to two fingers. At first it was sore then it gradually became pleasure. She said near the end it started feeling sore bt because it was dry (we didn't have any lube).

But during it i could not keep my Penis hard. I think maybe cos i was thinkin bout it too much ? So i was basically having sex with a half powered erection.

Why is this happenin ?

I've noticed too that when me and my girlfriend make out for like 2-3 hours (with brakes between) my erection starts gettin harder and harder to get, to a point where i actually can't get an erection. why is this happening ? my erection is strongest the first time we start kissing

Posts: 52 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our bodies aren't machines, so they don't always work the way we want them to. Too, if you're going for a long time (and 3 hours is a long time!), then this is likely due to you simply tiring yourself out.

If you're in the mood and want to keep going but you're not getting erections, that doesn't have to be a big deal: there's tons of other sexual activities you can engage in.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesman
Activist
Member # 45226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yesman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just that i don't feel like engaging in any sort of sex (oral or vaginal) without having a nice long foreplay. But now i feel if i do then my erection power is just goin to go down. But at the same time i do not want to jump in wen it doesn't feel right
Posts: 52 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmityJane
Neophyte
Member # 48828

Icon 14 posted      Profile for AmityJane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are overthinking the whole thing, a common mistake. Stop thinking. Focus purely on the moment. Let yourselves go and don't think about how well it is going. Kiss and feel each other but if you do it fo too long, it won't work. Soon after you feel turned on, have sex. Just enjoy it, it will happen naturally.
Posts: 26 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesman - It might help to change the way you're thinking about this. Sex doesn't have to follow a script, and intercourse doesn't need to be the main attraction. Just do whatever the two of you feel like and what's giving you the most pleasure. If you don't have intercourse, then you don't. There's plenty of other sexual activities that can feel awesome, and you don't need to have intercourse to have sex.

Amity - You're right: over-thinking can inhibit arousal. However, As I said to Yesman above, there's no reason to focus on intercourse. Sex is A LOT more than that. Check it out: What's Sex?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesman
Activist
Member # 45226

I understand this, its just usually if it does lead to intercourse it only happens after a long time of makin out or after other kinds of sex like oral. I'm just wonderin if this is normal
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If which is normal?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesman
Activist
Member # 45226

Not being able to get a strong erection after foreplay
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's normal, really, to not get an erection OR to get an erection at any time, really.

In other words, there's really no benchmark of normality for when it happens or doesn't happen. It is also normal for anyone not to be able to sustain an erection for a very long time.

Does that help clear that up for you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesman
Activist
Member # 45226

Ya it does thanx.

I think it is because i think about it too much as well

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.