Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Tried to have sex, but it hurt so much!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tried to have sex, but it hurt so much!
Edhelino
Activist
Member # 49179

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Edhelino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me & my boyfriend have tried to have sex before, but it hurt so so much!
Last night he stayed over at my dorm & we tried to have sex again.
It was actually going in perfectly, i think it was about 2 more inches until his penis was fully in, but then i felt like a pop or a break or something inside of me that hurt so so sooo much!
I immediately pushed him off & i had my hand on my vagina because i was hurting so much.
When u pulled out my hand, i was bleeding, but not too much.
But my question is, why does it hurt so much?!
What can we do so it won't hurt?
Advice?

Posts: 44 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devanie
Activist
Member # 46095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Devanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you read this lovely article?

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/pink/from_ow_to_wow_demystifying_painful_intercourse

I think this should help you.

What I'm guessing is that you tore something. Was he being forceful? Or were you not going slow enough? Whatever the case, I wouldn't suggest having intercourse or fingering for a while, until it heals up.

(Also, you don't need to have your partner's penis completely inside of you. It's not, like, a necessary requirement for sex. Only do what's comfortable.)

Posts: 116 | From: SL | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edhelino
Activist
Member # 49179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edhelino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we were going in really slow.
Posts: 44 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, but looking at that article, is there anything else you can identify on it that may have be causing you pain?

Have you also first started with an exam at an OB/GYN or other sexual health provider?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68254 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devanie
Activist
Member # 46095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Devanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, since you guys weren't using lube, that might have been part of the problem.

I'm not saying that would be the ONLY problem, but lube certainly helps.

Posts: 116 | From: SL | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael.RN
Activist
Member # 49692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael.RN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sloight bleeding in normal when you are starting out. The Popping feeling could have been your hymen breaking. Consult your OB/GYN if you are still experiencing pain duing intercourse
Posts: 42 | From: va | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
michael- In my experience bleeding is not something that usually happens, unless it is really rough sex. Also, hymens don’t just "break", but rather they wear away over time. Besides, she said he was pretty well fully inside her, and when present the hymen (corona) is located just inside the vaginal opening.

--------------------
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain."
-Joseph Campbell

Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carpe Diem
Activist
Member # 47124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carpe Diem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 11-16-2010, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: happybunny123 ]

--------------------
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain."
-Joseph Campbell

Posts: 210 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edhelino
Activist
Member # 49179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edhelino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks u guys.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.