Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Staying Hard?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Staying Hard?
AntiMeanie
Neophyte
Member # 48040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AntiMeanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently started having sex...or trying to. My guy has no problem getting hard, but he gets soft again whenever he tries to stick his penis into my vagina. We're still at the point where we kind of have to feel around to find the vaginal opening, so it takes a little while before he can start inserting.

I don't know if this is relevant, but he's been masturbating for years and is used to orgasming from that, which he says feels really different than intercourse.

We are beginning to get frustrated. Any advice?

Posts: 1 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fezzz
Neophyte
Member # 48000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fezzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep him excited by doing anything that makes him hard. Communicate with him and ask him what really turns him on.

A little bit of foreplay never hurt anyone [Smile]

Hope everything works out for you two [Smile]

--------------------
Some people say I have A.D.D., but they just don't underst-- ooh! Look! A chicken!!

Posts: 34 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually.. i suggest rather than making his erection the center of attention, just do other stuff. Like anything, wanting the erection to happen will ensure it wont. Your bf is probably just experiencing some nerves and this is adding to them.

You guys can still sex without having PIV sex too. Oral sex and manual sex are NOT "just foreplay", they're sex. Keeping PIV sex off the table for awhile while you find what each other likes may be a good idea, because partnered sex IS very different from masturbation.

Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unfamiliar
Neophyte
Member # 48050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unfamiliar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this issue the first time I had sex as well. It was just me being too anxious about it. I would suggest:

-have him not orgasm within a day or 3 beforehand. I find as a guy that this makes the entire experience 10x better anyways.
-you could try using lubricant. Even if he loses some hardness it should still make getting it in much much easier and faster.

Posts: 6 | From: Internet | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.