Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Lubricants?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lubricants?
alwayzfocused2010
Neophyte
Member # 47743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alwayzfocused2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever my boyfriend and i have sex to get very dry during intercourse and its very painful so we've decided to try lubricant, i prefer to use K-Y brand products because its what my doctor recommended i want to be lubricated as well as get enhanced arousal i'm just confused on which one to try since there are so many any suggestions?
Posts: 2 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveyoumake
Activist
Member # 41194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveyoumake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there!

I'd recommend Liquid Astroglide. I've tried a couple KY products (Sensual Silk Tingling Ultra Gel Mint Scented, Warming etc..) but they don't seem to last as long as the Liquid Astroglide. Astroglide is water based and it's really slippery, I really love it. It's actually meant to mimic your own natural lubrication.

Here is the link to the Astroglide website if you want to check it out. On the right hand side of the page, when you open the link, there are the different Astroglide Lubricants. Next to the Liquid Astroglide there's a description. I'll post the description here too if you can't go to the website for whatever reason. [Smile]

DESCRIPTION:
Astroglide Personal Lubricant provides whisper-light lubrication for enhancing the comfort and ease of intimate activity. Developed to mimic natural body fluids, Astroglide not only lubricates, but also acts as a moisturizer for vaginal dryness. Astroglide's long-lasting super-slick formula is water-based, water-soluble and petroleum free. Astroglide will intensify the pleasure and sensitivity for both partners. It is the perfect ingredient for increased sexual fun.

Here's the link!

Astroglide Lubricants

Hope this helps! [Smile]

Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever type of lubricant you use, you want to make sure it's water based. If it's not they may use sugars which can cause infections. I definitely agree with loveyoumake on Astroglide being a good brand (it's one that I've found I prefer with the types I've tried) and two others are liquidsilk and pink. As well, you don't want to use anything with numbing or warming effects (who really wants tobe numbed for sex anyway, and warming ... well friction takes care of that anyway)

[ 07-04-2010, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilerse
Activist
Member # 46007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilerse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd recommend Liquid Silk. KY brands are often the cheapest but in my experience aren't nearly as good.
Liquid Silk (you can probably find them cheaper on other sites like Amazon though)

[ 07-04-2010, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Lilerse ]

Posts: 219 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.