Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Warming Lube Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Warming Lube Question
farreaching
Neophyte
Member # 44992

Icon 5 posted      Profile for farreaching     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So as you may know from my previous post, the BF and I are gathering the necessaries for our first time. He bought condoms and lube today and decided to have him try jerking off into a condom to get used to the feel of it so it won't be weird later. Sounds good, right?

I'm not in the same state as he is right now (don't go home for another few days) so he was doing the buying on his own. He knew to get water-based lube and I HAVE had him read (or at least skim) the condom pages on this site. But apparently the only available lube was the warming kind. He said KY with some kind of warming thing, which he assumed meant that it warmed on contact.

From what I can find on here, warming (or numbing) lubes are bad news. Just how bad of news? Is that going to be distracting or weird when he tries out a condom for the first time? Should I tell him to try to take it back and find some other kind? I'm going to get some of my own plain kind anyway, but since this seems to be what he's going to be trying out the condom with, I thought I'd ask.

Posts: 8 | From: europe | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it really depends on you. Some people have really sensitive skin, and get yeast infections or just get irritated/inflamed skin with the use of lubes like that. But some people don't really have any problems with it.

I'd suggest if you want to try it out, maybe try just a bit, and be ready to get rid of it and use aloe gel if your skin gets irritated, or if it doesn't become too sore, just have some plain lube on the side to take over if you don't like the warming kind. Or you could play it safe and forgo the warming kind and just use the good ol' plain stuff [Smile]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.