Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » risk of pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: risk of pregnancy
fmlomg
Neophyte
Member # 44372

Icon 11 posted      Profile for fmlomg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know this is really really silly
for me to be fretting this much

i did not have sex with my boyfriend
but it was a rather heavy make out and i was wearing my underwear (with visible holes/mesh in it)
he had on his boxers, but for some part his penis came out and possibly touched the exterior of underwear

after that he rubbed my clit (with my underwear one) and im afraid pre cum may have leaked through

also he did touch me around the vaginal opening, but for like 5 seconds or so..

what are my changes of getting pregnant
im totally freaking.

Posts: 8 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you start with this -- What's the Risk? Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessments - and then pop back here if you still have questions, okay? [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67209 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fmlomg
Neophyte
Member # 44372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fmlomg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i have read approximately 1000000000 articles which says its slim to none
bUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I AM JUST SOO INCREDIBLY PARANOID. its irrational. [Frown]

i guess im quite new to all this coming from an extremely conservative background
but what is pre ejaculate? is it right before the big load or can u have precum 5 minutes into the make out session? cos when i gave him a handjob before he came...his penis seemed dry

--------------------
s

Posts: 8 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a piece for you on pre-ejaculate in terms of your specific concerns: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/can_pre_ejaculate_cause_pregnancy

Men can/do pre-ejaculate when they first become erect, but that fluid can also appear more than once before a full ejaculation (or if they don't wind up ejaculating).

Given your feelings and your background, do you feel like you're in the right space and time to be having any kind of sexual partnership yet? In other words, do you think you might feel better if you put that on hold for a bit while you found out more about sexuality, what the risks are with kinds of sexual partnership and how to manage them first?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67209 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fmlomg
Neophyte
Member # 44372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fmlomg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess its too late to do anything now.
a few seconds of pleasure a moment of folly and DAYS of worry

--------------------
s

Heather
Member # 3

It's hard for me to gather exactly what you're describing here, but if there was not any direct genital contact, nor any direct fluid-to-genital contact, there really was not likely a risk.

But I'd encourage you to consider the last question I asked you, because while no, you can't undo your last experience, you can make sure from here on out that you're making sexual choices that really work for you, and that are in alignment for what you really feel capable of handling. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Louiise
Neophyte
Member # 43782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Louiise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you got pregnant from that then it would be bloody AMAZING!!!

--------------------
Shit Happens..Life Goes Onn....
L o u i s e : )

Posts: 21 | From: Scotland | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charntel
Neophyte
Member # 44403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charntel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is a big ris of getting pregnet my firend is pregnet and the same happend with her so most likley it is pregnecy

--------------------
charntel is
HOT

Posts: 1 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smellycheesebot
Neophyte
Member # 44126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smellycheesebot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The chances of you getting pregnant from that are minuscule. It's possible to get pregnant from precum, but from the sound of it, no precum actually sounds like it got inside you.

If you're doing stuff like this, and it really makes you worried, you should consider hormonal BC, and if it's still within 72 hours, you can take Plan B if you're really concerned.

But, you're not pregnant. Just get on the pill.

Posts: 27 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

quote:
But, you're not pregnant. Just get on the pill.
Just to be clear, no one method of contraception is the right or best one for everyone. So, we'd appreciate it if no one here flat-out told another user what kind to use or that that one method is the answer to all their problems.

(Just as some for-instances, the birth control pill actually has a lower typical use effectiveness rate for teens and young adults than for adults: for some teens, it's one of the least effective methods. Too, not everyone's body is best suited for the pill: it can present serious health risks for some populations. Lastly, not everyone can afford or access all methods.)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Louiise
Neophyte
Member # 43782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Louiise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heather:
Lastly, not everyone can afford or access all methods.)

Pay for it? Its free!

--------------------

Posts: 21 | From: Scotland | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

It's not free for everyone, everywhere, Louiise.

Not by a long shot. Not all nations and areas have national health, not everyone is insured (in places where that's how to get coverage) and not all public health programs everywhere cover contraception. As well, in some countries, access alone to contraception is a very real problem, especially for young or unmarried people.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Louiise
Neophyte
Member # 43782

Advice? Move to the UK. I get it free

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

That's really only so helpful, you know.

Moving -- especially from one country to another -- is hardly so simple an endeavor as packing up and going. It costs money: far more than the cost of contraception. And few young people can simply move on their own accord, anyway.

Let's try and keep answers here earnestly helpful, okay? Suggesting emigration simply is not helpful advice for anyone who is seeking contraception in a nation where it is not part of national healthcare (in nations which even have an NHS).

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.