Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Is it wrong?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it wrong?
Neophyte
Member # 40496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 931     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it wrong for a person to masturbate in the shower?
Posts: 36 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alatariel
Activist
Member # 27408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alatariel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you mean "wrong" as in morally improper, then no. There is nothing wrong with masturbating in the shower, as long as you're not leaving a mess for the person who showers after you. It is perfectly natural to masturbate, and the shower is an acceptable place to do so.
If you are female and masturbating using a shower head on your vulva, however, you have to be careful that you're not spraying water up your vagina, as it can cause health problems.

Posts: 128 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 40496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 931     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what could someone do to not leave it a mess for others?
Posts: 36 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A quick rinse with water will do. Sexual fluids don't really pose any more threat to the next user than the grime and sweat that comes off you, so just as you wouldn't leave a ring around the tub or soap bubbles, not leaving any goo would be a good idea. Really, since the water's flowing, it pretty much takes care of itself. :)
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 40496

Is it normal to worry about making a mess? Sometimes I feel I worry about it too much and it ends up ruining the experience. What can I do to change that?
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, as I said, the shower really doesn't leave a "mess" worth speaking of. And even if it did, sexual fluids are made of the same stuff as urine and sweat, so not likely to be that noticeable.

Outside of the shower, use of a towel under you (if you do your own laundry) or a waterproof tablecloth/picnic blanket if you're the messier type ought to handle things nicely. :)

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 40496

When I masturbate, I feel really stressed to finish quickly (so that no one walks in on me). What could I do to take the pressure I put on myself go away?
Sedi Tlugvi
Activist
Member # 21797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sedi Tlugvi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about locking a door? Is that a possible solution where you're living?
Posts: 75 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 40496

yes it is, and I do. Sometimes I just can't really relax as much as I would like
Lilwystynyra
Neophyte
Member # 40665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilwystynyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Masturbation is a natural thing, there's no reason to be ashamed of doing it. If you don't want to be caught, well there are a lot of simple solutions.

Showers are good for hiding masturbation, the sound of the running water hides most noises.

Masturbating early in the morning or late at night, whilst people are still asleep.

Or just make it a regular occurrence that in the afternoon, you go to your bedroom and listen to music with the door closed. Then you can masturbate in peace, with the music to hide any noise and no one will think it strange you're playing music for a little while.

Having a lock on your bedroom door really helps, if you don't have one, talking to your parents might work. When I was about 13 I was adamant that I needed a lock on my door, simply because at that age I was totally paranoid about anyone walking in on me getting dressed. If you just explain to your parents that you want one for peace of mind, and you're happy for them to keep a key they'll probably be flexible.

And with cleaning up? Don't worry about it while you're doing it. You can easily clean up afterwards with a wet flannel or just tissues, it's nothing to worry about. If you're an ultra messy girl (some girls lubricate a lot on orgasming) try sitting on an old towel, and keeping it hidden in your room somewhere.

Posts: 7 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.