Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » std testing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: std testing
rainydays
Neophyte
Member # 38218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rainydays         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok - so, I was recently tested for stds (with my PAP smear) and pronounced clean...but I was wondering, does a std test given like pap smear catch anything that may have been orally transmitted?

We used condoms for everything except oral (so really, just vaginal penetration) but if I was clean there what are the chances that I could have ogtten anything orally. We were both virgins at the time.

I tired to ask my doctor when she was giving the test and it felt like she meant yes, no matter how this was transmitted a pap std test will catch it.

Should I be worried?

Posts: 3 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wyntermidnite
Activist
Member # 24641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wyntermidnite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If they took a blood test then they would catch most STD's, but if they only took a pap swab, without an oral swab test, I doubt you should think of yourself as 'clean'. Go in for another and tell them about your concerns, they've heard it all, so don't be embarrassed to really spell it out for them what your concerns are so you can know for sure.
Posts: 70 | From: Fullerton, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jase Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Defiantly. Just go in and tell them that you would like to have a blood test and oral test as well. Hope that it works out for ya [Smile]

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Posts: 58 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.