Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » how embarassing!!

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how embarassing!!
Member # 40400

Icon 11 posted      Profile for claramay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 13, and me and my boyfriend have 'attempted' to have sex a few times. The first time we did it, as i was undressing he got really hard, so we jumped right into it. Ever since the first time we had sex, when ever he sees me, he gets a big erection. It's kind of embarassing, as when ever i'm with him, up it goes. I don't get it. All my boyfriends i have had in the past only get erections occasionaly, or when we are having sex. It is embarassing to go out in public with him, and i have tried talking to him about it, but he just says something cheezy, like 'i just love you to much', or 'you make me to horny for words.' Is there anything i can do to prevent it happening so often? I really love him, and i don't want it to get to me.



Posts: 4 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, this really isn't anything your boyfriend can control too much. It's also not a big deal. Guys get erections, that's just how it goes. There's no reason for you to feel embarrassed about that. And since it's not something your boyfriend can control, it's also not terribly fair for you to pressure him about that.

Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 24641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wyntermidnite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, he can't control it at all, so learn to deal with it. Unless he wears very tight pants it shouldn't be that noticeable.

I'd also like to say that having sex at your age is illegal, and if he is 2 years older than you he is a criminal and by law is committing statutory rape on a child when you engage in sex. Please always use condoms, get tested and go on birth control if you're going to have sex, I seriously doubt you want to get pregnant of an STD.

Posts: 70 | From: Fullerton, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I ask if some of why this makes you uncomfortable is because you feel like his erection is about him wanting sex (which it often isn't), or because you feel like his having one means you need to do something about it?

Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

  New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3