Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Worried for so many reasons...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried for so many reasons...
sb129
Neophyte
Member # 39075

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sb129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright... so, I had sex for the first time with my girlfriend last Thursday. It was the first time for both of us. She's not on the pill and hasn't been but we used a condom... Problem is... AFTER I ejaculated I pulled out, and rather than coming out altogether, I just pulled right out of the condom and it stayed in her (though the opening of the condom was still at her vaginal opening and she reached around quickly and pulled it out). I just... completely neglected to hold the base as I pulled out and now I'm freaking out at the chance that I might have gotten her pregnant. Her next period is due for next weekend and she claims that she's "pretty positive" that she feels it coming, but at the same time she just doesn't want to talk about it because the chance of her being pregnant is just a horrible thought...

I'm just wondering what the chances really are here. It was the first time for both of us and it just seems to have gone entirely wrong. We're both 17 and were very cautious and slow otherwise. No hard friction, the rim of the condom was definitely outside her vagina but I'm not sure if I dripped or something inadvertently. She's not acting at all different... She just doesn't really want to talk about it. She hasn't claimed to feel sick or feel any different. It was four days ago now and she's still acting perfectly normal and claiming that she's "pretty positive" she feels her period coming this weekend (five or so days away).

Posts: 2 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may have had a risk here if some of the semen leaked out of the condom and onto her genitals, which may have been difficult to notice. Regardless, if it has been over 120 hours since the risk, it is too late to take EC.

The best thing that you can both do now is to just keep calm and wait to see if her period arrives. If it doesn't, taking a pregnancy test 10-14 days after the risk would yield accurate results.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jase Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´ve been through the same thing. I negglected holding the base as well, and the condom was left inside her. Please please please: REMIAN CALM AND ASURE YOUR GIRLFRIEND THAT IT WILL BE OKAY, AND THAT YOU´LL ALWAYS BE THERE TO SUPPORT HER!!! REMAIN CALM. If she is stressed out, she can either delay her period, or miss it all together. My girlfriend didn´t get her period for over a week and a half than the date she was expecting it. If she misses her period, do not freak. Go to your local drug / grocery store and get a home pregnancy test kit. They cary in cost, but they´re not to much. Make sure you take it 5 days prior to the date you expect it, the closer the better. Good luck!

[ 06-30-2008, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Jase Watson ]

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Posts: 58 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kayla is right, home pregnancy tests are effective as soon as 10-14 days after the risk. So she wouldn't have to wait until almost her period to take the test and have it be accurate.

And, in the very small chance she was somehow to become pregnant, she wouldn't be feeling any affects from conceiving at all at this point. You wouldn't begin to feel any symptoms until at LEAST one month after conception, and even them, it still may be later than that.

Your girlfriend is the one who knows her body best of all. If she feels as though her period is coming, well, then thats what she feels. And her stayign calm about everythign is for the best, as being worried/stressed out can delay a period, or even cause it to be missed.

[ 06-30-2008, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: ASargent42 ]

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sb129
Neophyte
Member # 39075

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sb129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I thank you all for the comments, dearly. I've definitely kept my biggest sources of worry to myself... Like, I'm losing sleep over this and it's driving me crazy. I neglected to mention anyway, this is a long distance relationship... And we just met for the first time last week (after about three or four years of knowing each other from a distance). EVERYTHING about meeting was absolutely perfect. We know we want to be together now and we've proceeded to make plans for post-grad even.

This would just... screw things up. Not only with her being so strung up over such a thing, but it would ruin my relationship with her family as well... and they've just been so supportive of her and I that it's had me out of my mind to think of losing them. Above all, of course, I just wouldn't want her to have to go through something like this. Absolutely, I would not be able to leave her side at all over it if worse came to worst. I'm just praying that it DOESN'T come to that point. I can actually take a breather then and look back on this first meeting with a huge smile. It was so perfect, but this whole ordeal just has me clouded right now. All things I haven't told her, of course, because I want her to remain calm, after all. I've just needed to spill it all somewhere... because I frankly don't have anybody else to say it too...

So I greatly appreciate all the advice and knowledge here. It never crossed my mind to even consider leaving her side over anything. If it's worst case scenario, I still wouldn't even consider it. I'll remain as calm as I can, certainly. Just trust that things will be okay... Thank you dearly, again. You've been very supportive and open to listen.

Posts: 2 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.