Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » birth control question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: birth control question.
ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohitslovex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so i went to the gynecologist for the first time on may 29, 2008 and she put me on birth control. the instructions that come with it say your supposed to start taking it the first day of your period or the first sunday during your period, but when i went to the gynecologist, it was the day after my period had ended and she gave it to me that day and said i could start taking it because there was still a little bleeding from my period. so is that okay? and is the birth control still going to work the right way? or should i stop taking it and wait until i get a new dose next month and take it the first day of my period then?
Posts: 56 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love-Life
Activist
Member # 37952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love-Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When your doctor prescribes something, and gives you specific directions, it's usually good to trust that. You can always ask your doctor about any questions you have, and they will answer them.

You should continue taking the pills, but here at Scarleteen we suggest that you use a secondary method of birth control (such as a condom) for the first month.

--------------------
There is an upside to everything, sometimes you just have to turn it upside down to find it.

:-) Vikki (-:

Posts: 153 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohitslovex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah me and my boyfriend still use a condom, and i'm still taking the birth control i was just worried. but thank you.
Posts: 56 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.