Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Too much?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Too much?
XArexYouxGothlicX
Activist
Member # 34055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XArexYouxGothlicX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible to have too much pleasure when being sexually stimulated?

Also, I seem to be "wet" all the time..
And it bothers me.

I appreciate your replies.
:]

--------------------
"It's just me and Da Kurlzz, we're taking over the world."

Posts: 75 | From: Belen, New Mexico | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you're wet all the time, that might just be cervical mucus. Vaginal lubrication and cervical mucus are two different substances. While it may seem like a nuisance to you, cervical mucus is not bad for you. It's part of a normal, healthy vagina. Only if it is seriously discolored, leaks pus or smells really foul should you be concerned (those signs may mean infection!).

And can you have too much pleasure? Only if you are in really poor health and the stimulation gives you a heart attack. That doesn't appear to be the case with you, right? Sexual pleasure increases your blood pressure and heart rate, which can exceed safe levels in unhealthy people.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have the same problem, and I find it to
be somewhat embarrassing, even though my boyfriend seem to think its 'hot'. I find it utterly disgusting, myself, but you know.

Thanks for posting though; Gumdrop answered the question I was going to eventually end up asking myself.
[Smile]

--------------------
Young and Dumb.
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Keith Urban

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XArexYouxGothlicX
Activist
Member # 34055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XArexYouxGothlicX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The too much stimulation?
Lawl.
Well,
How do I solve it?
Cause it makes me feel like nasty.

--------------------

Posts: 75 | From: Belen, New Mexico | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't "solve" how wet your vagina or vulva is. Your vaginal discharges are a normal part of your fertility cycle, a normal part of how your vagina cleans itself, and a normal part of sexual arousal.

Were they all to go away, you'd be infertile, wind up with infections often, and find a lot of genital sex really uncomfortable. THOSE things are problems.

So, what you need to solve is how you think about it, as well as experiencing a lot of pleasure. Neither are nasty, and if you feel they are, I'd suggest taking a look at where you're getting those ideas and what they're really all about.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67140 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XArexYouxGothlicX
Activist
Member # 34055

Ohh. Okay.
Thank you, bunches.

--------------------

LollySocks
Activist
Member # 31077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LollySocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During about the middle of my cycle, I get lots of discharge and I have to wear panty liners to keep it from soaking through my pants. Is this a problem, too much "wetness"? And is this the time in which I'm ovulating? How do I know when I'm ovulating, or can I know? Whenever my bf and I have sex and stuff when I'm like this, he thinks I'm "wet" from him, which I feel bad for, because I let him believe he's really turning me on when he's not. =/ Any help here?

--------------------
break down, rebuild, repeat.

Posts: 64 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XArexYouxGothlicX
Activist
Member # 34055

LollySocks.
I have the same problem..
My boyfriend thinks it's his doing that I'm.. well, lets put it this way, "ready fer him."
But.. I'm not..
I'm always worrying about being wet..
It's weird.
But the volunteers here say it's normal.
Now, mind you..
You'd have to get it straight from the horses mouth..
Lawl.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, both of you have the option of being frank with your partners, particularly since it doesn't really benefit men to leave them ignorant when it comes to how our bodies operate. It also certainly isn't going to benefit you to pretend to be very turned on when you're not: if you give that impression, your partner is going to make a habit of doing whatever it is he does to try and make that happen all the time, and if that's something you don't like or isn't that exciting you, you're cheating both of you of better sex, really.

But yes: mid-cycle, due to the timing of ovulation, cervical mucus becomes very thin and fluid. if you want to know for sure when you're ovulating, you can chart it in a couple different ways: Get With the Flow: All About FAM.
regardless, this isn't a problem. It's a niormal part of your fertility cycle.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67140 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XArexYouxGothlicX
Activist
Member # 34055

But what if it's embarrassing to talk to him about?
I mean..
I don't know.

--------------------

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To say it with the words of the almighty Joss:"If you're doing it, I think you should be able to say it" (you truly can quote Buffy for everything).

Being able to communicate well is a big part of being sexually active. Here's an article that might help you get into the habit of talking openly with your partner:
Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9011 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XArexYouxGothlicX
Activist
Member # 34055

Thank you!
This helped a lot.
I can now hopefully talk to him.
But there will still be weird moments.
Lawl.
:]]

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Seriously, it gets less awkward to talk about this stuff with a partner over time. Pretty much every time you talk about sexual things, the time after will feel less awkward, and eventually, it'll be pretty darn easy.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

XArexYouxGothlicX
Activist
Member # 34055

Okay.
Thank you..
:]

--------------------

Smiley64
Activist
Member # 34285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smiley64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have another related question.. i have a little bit of this often wetness, but whenever me and my boyfriend even start kissing and stuff it gets to be alot more.. it's not really stimulation.. is it just a part of being turned on or something??
Posts: 169 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Yep. Check it out: Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

XArexYouxGothlicX
Activist
Member # 34055

Okay.
What's weird.
Even when he just looks at me..
I seem to be a bit more damp.
And that's just him looking at me..
Is that weird?

When he and I are foolin' around...
Sometimes... I don't feel anything.
And I tell him.
But it's weird, cause..
He tells me.. that's not what my body is saying.
And.. I don't understand that..
Do you perphas know why that would be?

--------------------

XArexYouxGothlicX
Activist
Member # 34055

Umm. I still don't understand why I don't feel anything. Maybe you can feel me in?

--------------------

XArexYouxGothlicX
Activist
Member # 34055

Okay... I've been waiting patiently fer about.. a month now, and no one has answered my question.. Not to be a bother, but I would like to know the answer to my question, please and thank you.

--------------------

SinatraBabe_21
Neophyte
Member # 39133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SinatraBabe_21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Sorry it's taken so long for you to get an answer.

You may not be feeling anything for a number of reasons. But one that I can think of it that maybe you're mentally checked out when you and your b/f are doing things. I know sometimes my mind tends to wander and I really have to be into the sexual mentality at the moment to even begin to enjoy it.

Dont let your boyfriend convince you that you want to mess around just because youre wet. I had to respond to this because it annoys me to no end when my boyfriend makes comments about how horny I must be just because I'm wet down there. I know that sometimes I just dont want to because I'm tired from school or work or whatever, but my boyfriend is stimulating me; we're kissing, cuddling etc., my body sure can feel it so I may happen to get wet. You just have to be very open and foward; I said "You're 22 years old, you should now that just because a girl is wet doesnt mean she wants sex, I'm sorry but youre being really naive and inconsiderate, can we please just go to sleep" lol but seriously you just have to be honest. Hope this helps.

[ 07-03-2008, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: SinatraBabe_21 ]

Posts: 16 | From: Nowheresville | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to add on that, Gothlic, sometimes vaginal discharge is not limited to sexual arousal.

I have a little trouble understanding the second part of your post, but what I get out of that is that sometimes you don't feel aroused, but you still have wetness. Is that correct?

If you are referring to wetness being "what your body is saying", do know that the vagina cleans itself, often through releasing wet discharges that can appear in the heat of the moment... or while you are standing in line at the bank. So again, sometimes that wetness is linked with stimulation, and sometimes it is not.

(Likewise, it's easy for us to miss additional posts in a thread that has received many replies already-- next time, you can go ahead and post that new question in a new thread for us so we don't get confused and you can get a quicker answer. Thanks!)

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XArexYouxGothlicX
Activist
Member # 34055

Thank you! Lawl.
SinatraBabe_21-- Okay. Yeah. I understand. But. It's just weird. He and I do need to have a talk about that. My boyfriend is 22 also and he's a lot more experienced than I. Him being my first and all. But. It's I probably could be 'mentally checked out.' As you put it, which I like by the way. Haha.

Horizon-- Yes, I understand that. And maybe I need to tell him that too. Yes, that is correct. It might be, like SinatraBabe_21 pointed out. But I'm not sure. I just have to pay close attention next time.

Thank you fer all your help. Sorry, if I was a pest. Lawl. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.