Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » adviceeeee...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: adviceeeee...
dplaffalot08
Neophyte
Member # 36478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dplaffalot08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so me and my boyfriend, whos 18 almost 19, have been dating almost a year...well a year in may. and we have talked about having sex this summer. i want to be 18...i turn 18 in june. and i wanted to be out of high school before i have sex. i am a virgin he isnt. we have done everything but sex and i feel totally and comepletely comfortable with him. we tell each other everything. he is my soulmate...the guy im for sure God put on earth for me. i KNOW he is the one for me...we have talked about our future...our kids names...basically we are gonna get married after college. anyway. i want to have sex with him. i am mentally ready...i know hes the one...ive thought about it alot. we were talking about it the other day...we planned the day...we would use a condom of course...and pull out just in case...plus he would cum before i got there...and then before i would do oral...he would cum again...just in case...for extra protection. but im not on birth control my mom would freak if all of a sudden i wanted BC.

anyway, basically, i want some feedback, advice, ANYTHING anyone can tell me. personal stories...protection...anything.

thanks!

Posts: 34 | From: america | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love-Life
Activist
Member # 37952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love-Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, I'm not sure what kind of town you live in, but in many bigger towns and cities there are Family Planning clinics where you can get fairly inexpensive birth control.

I live in a small town and this isn't an option for me, but I can get a paper signed by my physician and it is covered by BC Medical. But I also live in Canada and the medical systems are different here than they are in many other places.

Since it's your first time and all, you can read this article First Intercourse 101

For more information about protection, check out these articles.
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

If you want to know about the risk of pregnancy from using a condom alone, or other methods of birth control, this article explains all of the risks very nicely. Pregnancy risk assessment: Vaginal Intercourse

Also, if you haven't checked it out already, check out Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist

--------------------
There is an upside to everything, sometimes you just have to turn it upside down to find it.

:-) Vikki (-:

Posts: 153 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wyntermidnite
Activist
Member # 24641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wyntermidnite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, BC is relitivly easy to get on without parents knowing if you can get to a Planned Parenthood, I would reccomend it, if not for your first time, then for your sex life that continues after that. My personal advice is to not plan out the exact order of sexual acts you would like to have. First time sex can make you react differently than you do to oral sex, and you should be open enough in the plans to allow for extra or shortened foreplay, or to want only one orgasm and then cuddle, etc. Allow yourself to have a flexable experience because if you plan it out exactly and it doesn't work well that way you may feel that you messed up, when in reality it would be fine if you went with a natural flow.
Posts: 70 | From: Fullerton, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hs123
Activist
Member # 35336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hs123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should know that condoms are meant to ejaculate in. Pulling out before ejaculation can increase the likelyhood of them tearing or ripping, or sliding off. He may be in a rush to pull out, and this could cause tearing or sliding off, and obviously, if you don't want to become pregnant, that's not a good thing.

I agree though, that you may not want to plan everything out. Once you've decided you want to go ahead and have sex, going with the flow isn't a bad idea, and putting pressure on yourself to do it on a certain day, at a certain time, in a certain way, may only make you more nervous.

Posts: 401 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.