Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Dreams about pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dreams about pregnancy?
Euey
Neophyte
Member # 37206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Euey         Edit/Delete Post 
Recently I have been dreams about being pregnant. I am on Deprovera shots and my boyfriend and I use condoms every time. I don't know why, but in my dreams I'd be happy about being pregnant. I am not trying to have a baby and am taking all precautions not to have one, although if by some chance I did get pregnant, I would be happy, even though this isn't the time in my life where I want to have one. Anyway, could there be any cause for my dreams? Is it normal, well, do a lot of other sexually active teenage girls experience this? My boyfriend is also VERY paranoid about me getting pregnant. Could I be worrying too, but on a subconscious level?
Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you did not have any pregnancy risk, then it's safe to assume your are not pregnant. [Smile]

It's possible that your dreams about pregnancy are linked to the fact that you're worried about getting pregnant. I know, sometimes, when I'm worried about something, I tend to dream about that. And, as far as pregnancy dreams go, you're not alone to experience that either.

But it's worth remembering though that dreams aren't reality, so I don't think it would be a good thing to based yourself on that to determine whether or not you are ready to handle a pregnancy and all that comes with it. So even though your dream pictures you happy about being pregnant, that doesn't have anything to do with what the reality really is. Dreams are some kind of weird things. [Smile]

[ 02-25-2008, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vixenchic42
Neophyte
Member # 5972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vixenchic42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I get these too, and dreams about pregnancy can always be scary. When mine meshed up with the nausea and body soreness that mono gave me, I was really worried! But not to fear, every sexually active woman I know (and even some who aren't sexually active) gets dreams about being pregnant. While they're definitely freaky, they have NO indications that you're actually pregnant. So relax, you're safe [Big Grin]
Posts: 28 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dream analysts usually say that dreams about pregnancy are really not about actual pregnancy at all, but about new beginnings in life or creating something new.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.