Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » First Time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First Time
LBelle22
Activist
Member # 35782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBelle22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a couple of questions/ topics that I hope will be discussed because I am really curios.

1. Does it really hurt you first time having sex? If so, how badly?

2. When (or if) you bleed your first time during sex exactly how much will you bleed? Alot, like your period, or jus a little bit?

3. Is it really as awkward as people say it is?

4. What if you're both virgins? (you and your partner)

5. Say even if you read up alot on sex and know what you are doing, will the first time still be bad?

Sorry (yet again) for so many questions, it's just that I have a lot of them. Thanks in advance!!! [Smile]

Posts: 40 | From: Providence, RI | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you thoroughly read the articles I linked you to, LBelle? Most of them should answer these questions; for example, you'd know from reading that experiences vary during first intercourse based on an individual's pain threshold as well as state of mind and arousal, and that first intercourse is not likely to be bad, nor great, or.. well, you get the idea. [Smile]

[ 11-15-2007, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Becky 12345
Neophyte
Member # 35587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Becky 12345     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) It really depends on the person. I thought it would be really painful my first time, but it wasn't at all. I think what helped was that I used A LOT of lube and I was relaxed - if your nervous, you tense up and it makes pentration more difficult and therfore more painful. Also, if you have been fingered before you loose your virginity, this helps stretch the hymen beforehand. I think the only time I felt a bit of uncomfort was when my partner had fully entered and it felt very tight, not necessarily painful thought. So I recommend lots of lube and make sure your relaxed.

2) This one is going to be difficult for me to answer as I didn't bleed on my first time. Like I said in question 1, it depends on the person. I think that if your hymen has already been streched, you either won't bleed at all or it will be very minimal. NB, this is only my personal opinion!

3)Umm, my first time was a little awkward...my partner had trouble entering. He also found the missonary position very uncomfortble.

4) My partner and I were both virgins. It didn't go completely right the first time, but then I believe it doesn't anyway cause neither of you are experienced enough and don't know what to expect. Its different for all couples though.

5) ^ as above
It will go right for some, but not for others

Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.