Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Period Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period Question
ShortAndSweet
Activist
Member # 34672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShortAndSweet         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright this may seem like a dumb question but here goes...
I was suppose to get my period on Tuesday. I do not have sex so I know that I am not pregnant. So why is it late? It makes me so nervous for some reason when it is. I feel like something is wrong with me. I have never missed one. Can there be?

[ 07-19-2007, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: ShortAndSweet ]

Posts: 93 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check it out! [Smile]

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShortAndSweet
Activist
Member # 34672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShortAndSweet         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you...i am a little stressed out lately so maybe that is it.
I have another question. Is it bad when I skip a period for a month? Since I got it the first time years ago it was irregular but for about a year or so it has come on time and regularly. I have never missed one and I have no idea if that is good or bad. It worries me...

Posts: 93 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShortAndSweet
Activist
Member # 34672

Thank you...i am a little stressed out lately so maybe that is it.
I have another question. Is it bad when I skip a period for a month? Since I got it the first time years ago it was irregular but for about a year or so it has come on time and regularly. I have never missed one and I have no idea if that is good or bad. It worries me...

Gwaihir
Activist
Member # 27276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gwaihir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're new to having periods, it's pretty common for it to skip a month or two, but if it's really worrying you, you can make an appointment with your gyn to see if everything's all right.
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShortAndSweet
Activist
Member # 34672

oh no I'm 19 I'm not new to it...I'm just concerned that's all...Sorry to everyone if I am acting paranoid about it... [Smile]
ShortAndSweet
Activist
Member # 34672

What is the worst thing that can happen if it doesnt come, or I mean what could be wrong if it doesn't come? (Again, sorry about being paranoid) [Smile]
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's really no need to start freaking out and looking at worst-case scenarios if you skip a period. Really, at 19, it's totally normal to skip one- if conditions aren't right for your body, sometimes you may not ovulate that cycle, and won't get a period. This is explained in the article Lauren linked to you. Skipping a period won't harm you at all- but if you skip a whole bunch, it may be wise to see a medical practitioner to make sure everything is okay health-wise.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.