Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » reasurance please?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: reasurance please?
samantha357
Activist
Member # 29651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samantha357     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am on BC pills and forgot to take todays pill. i started taking BC a week ago today. i usually take it around 8:00 in the morning but now its 3:00 and i just took it. Will this affect it? im not sexually active so im not worried about pregnancy. its just the first time and im worrying over nothing. Reasurance please?

--------------------
"All is fair in love in war... wait... that doesn't sound right..."

The love you cant have lasts the longest, feels the strongest... & hurts the deepest

Posts: 81 | From: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since you aren't using the pill to protect from pregnancy, this is nothing you need to stress majorly over.

When you're taking hormonal birth control for reasons aside from preventing pregnancy, it IS still important to take your pills correctly, but that's more for the sake of not confusing your body and causing yourself wonkiness.

Since you only JUST started taking birth control, it's going to take a couple months for your body to become acclimated to the hormones, anyhow, so missing a pill today is not going to wreak havoc on your body by any means. Just try and remember your pills at the same time from now on, if after this cycle you find you've been missing your pills often, you may want to speak to your doctor about alternatives you could try. But again, this early in the game, no need to worry. [Smile]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samantha357
Activist
Member # 29651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samantha357     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you, and i forgot only because i over slept and then had to go with my mom somewhere... i hope it won't happen agian. Thank you so much for the reasurance!!!

--------------------
"All is fair in love in war... wait... that doesn't sound right..."

The love you cant have lasts the longest, feels the strongest... & hurts the deepest

Posts: 81 | From: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.