Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » another yeast infection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: another yeast infection
cheer
Neophyte
Member # 29333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had a yeast infection about three weeks ago and now i have another one.
a. is it normal to have so many yest infections so close together since i've never had one till three weeks ago?
b. do i need to go to the doctor again or can i just get over the vounter meds?
c. i had sex with my bf yesterday before the symptoms began to show...will he have to take anything so he doen't give it back to me?
d. can we still ahve sex? or should we wait till it goes away?

Posts: 16 | From: Hamilton | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couple questions first:

- are you guys having protected or unprotected sex in terms of condoms and latex barriers for intercourse AND other activities?
- are the symptoms absolutely identical? When you took the medication for the last one, did the symptoms seem to totally go away, or only decrease?
- when you went into your doc for that one, did you also get a full STI screening, too?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68251 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(and regardless of your answer to those questions, absolutely DO NOT have sex until it's cleared up. Even if you have protected sex, you'll probably just irritate the infection further.)
Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(To add to ladydexter's warning -- many of the over-the-counter treatments out there are not exactly condom-safe to begin with, so your protected sex may not stay that way for long if you're still being treated.)

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheer
Neophyte
Member # 29333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we are having unportected sex...i am on the pill and we both had sti screenings about a month and a half ago.
the symptoms are the exact same. and the medication helped it totally. it was gone within 4 days.

and i have anoter question to add.
why would i be getting yeastinfections all of a sudden. the only thing that is different is that i'm having sex.

Posts: 16 | From: Hamilton | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're having unprotected sex and your partner has not been checked, it's possible you're passing the same infection back and forth.
Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
isabelle
Neophyte
Member # 29931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for isabelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eat yogurt with acidopholus(probly spelled wrong) cultures, just find a yogurt that says "with live cultures"
it helps kill the yeast
I geuss you can put that in a tampon applicator and stick it inside to ease the itching and irritation too
I had some yeast infection problems recently

Posts: 29 | From: usa | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a note: if you decide to use yogurt as a topical relief for yeast infections, be sure to use PLAIN yogurt. Sweetened yogurt or yogurt with fruits will have sugars that will just feed the yeast.

A peeled garlic clove, or a tincture called gentian violet are also known to help with yeast infections.

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.