Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » sex toys

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sex toys
joyfulgirl
Activist
Member # 29302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joyfulgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm really not sure where this goes, or even if i can ask this here. so, sorry in advance if this question isn't ok!

so, there is a toy on the babeland website that i really want, but i dont live near their store, and the store near me doesn't have this toy. i'm 18 i have my own bank account, there's no problem with getting it online except that i live with my parents. so, here's the question: for those of you have bought things from them online, is the the package very VERY discreet? does it say babeland? my mom is hip to the whole sex toy thing, i'm sure she would know what it was even if the world babeland was written somewhere on the package. i wouldn't get in trouble, i'd just be super embarressed.

i checked their website, but i couldn't really find an answer to this so i decided that people who have done this already would probably know best. again, sorry if this is inapropriate, but i really didn't know how to find this out, and that toy looks so fun!

--------------------
"they say you can bear anythng if you can tell a story about it."

-sue monk kidd
the mermaid chair

Posts: 50 | From: western massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From this page of the Babeland website:

quote:
All shipments are discreetly packaged in plain brown boxes, padded envelopes, or FedEx/USPS supplied packaging. Our name appears as "Mailorder" on the return address and our logo does not appear anywhere on the outside of the packaging. Our packaging makes no mention of the nature of the contents, except when required by international customs regulations. For international shipments, where we must describe package contents, the descriptions are discreet and generic—i.e., "lotion" or "plastic toy".
From the sound of it, the company name or logo won't appear anywhere on the outside of the package, and the contents won't be explicitly listed. Privacy-wise, you should be fine.

[ 06-28-2006, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5667 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joyfulgirl
Activist
Member # 29302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joyfulgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, wow, i don't know how i missed that, sorry! thanks for answering!

--------------------
"they say you can bear anythng if you can tell a story about it."

-sue monk kidd
the mermaid chair

Posts: 50 | From: western massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.