Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » testing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: testing
nina006
Activist
Member # 26273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nina006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to take a STI test, the thing is that right now Im living in Mexico. Have you ever heard about any place where one can do the test. (confidentially)

Also, if I have taken several blood tests due to ordinary diseases (like a stomach infecion.. etc ) do you think that the person in the laboratory would have noticed anything serios like a STI ?

Posts: 92 | From: far away from you | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When they test your blood, the test for specific things. If they're not looking for it, it won't show up.

A general practioner can order a blood test. Or, you can find a walk-in clinic to help you with that. It should be confidential.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina006
Activist
Member # 26273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nina006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think I have any kind of STI, however, I did have sex for the very first time with my ex.

If my bf (for almost 2 years now) donated blood about 3 and a half months after we started having sex this means that he is NOT infected and therefore neither am I ?

Posts: 92 | From: far away from you | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would assume that your boyfriend did recieve some sort of blood screen to donate blood, but that doesn't exempt you from catching anything.

Some lie dormant, some are asymptomatic, so really, it's best just to get tested.

How long will you be in Mexico?

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina006
Activist
Member # 26273

at least till next year...

If my bf is clean that means I did not infect him, therefore, im clean..

greenapp1es
Activist
Member # 28071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greenapp1es     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure people will correct me if I'm wrong...but is actually less likely for guys to pick up some STI's that it is for girls to...as girls are receiving the transmission of fluids and the guy does not. Obviously, guys do pick stuff up, but in that line of thinking it would be very possible for you to have something that you have not given to your boyfriend.....yet. Even if he gets tested with a clean slate you still need to be tested as well. Don't count on his results to be true for both of you...make sure you get some testing done for yourself.
Posts: 96 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
apple's right. if on a scale of 0 to 10, a guy's likelihood to get something like chlamydia would be around 3 compared to 7 for gals.

biology ain't fair. women do have more vulnerabilities in terms of contracting STDs because we receive, contain and absorb stuff.

so nina, find yourself a good clinica and hope for the best.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.