Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Swollen! HELP!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Swollen! HELP!
sweetness09
Neophyte
Member # 23251

Icon 11 posted      Profile for sweetness09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I were having sex with a condom, but it was slightly uncomfortable. We rarely use condoms anymore, but ALWAYS did...and they never gave me any irritation. I'm on the pill, so he took off the condom. We both have no STD's, and he came inside of me (without the condom on). After sex, my labia minora got EXTREMELY swollen [Frown] . It is painful when I pee, sit, and even walk. What caused this!
Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds like it was probably caused by irritation from friction from both the intercourse and the latex (which can be pretty rough on the vagina and genitals if not properly lubricated), how much, if any lubricant were you using?

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lindsay*Marie
Activist
Member # 26167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lindsay*Marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the swelling goes down, its happened to me to, it happened to me while having sex though. It is very uncomfortable. We didnt use any lube so i beleive that was for sure our problem
Posts: 40 | From: duluth mn us | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetness09
Neophyte
Member # 23251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetness09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We used no lube at all
Posts: 19 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's likely a very big part of the issue, then.

What else? If you weren't highly aroused, if you continued with intercourse -- especially without lube -- after your interest or arousal waned, or after it had already felt less-than-pleasant.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.