Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » wat is it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wat is it?
skittles123
Neophyte
Member # 24461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skittles123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i havent had sex with my bf for almost a week b/c i had a yeast infection so i took care of it and put cream unti it went away. today when my Bf began to finger me it hurt it felt like a burning sensation it was very uncomfortable so then i tried having sex to see if it would bother and it did! when he put it in it burned a lot perhaps b/c of the spermicide so we stopped! i want to know wat it could be? is it b/c i havent fully recovdered from my infection? is it bad? thanks
Posts: 19 | From: Union City, NJ, U.S. | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were you diagnosed with the yeast infection by a doctor or nurse, or did you self-diagnose it?
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skittles123
Neophyte
Member # 24461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skittles123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
myself and mom she bought me the monistat cream
Posts: 19 | From: Union City, NJ, U.S. | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, then I'm guessing you also never had that GYN exam and STI screening back a couple months ago when you first started reporting these symtpoms. (I'm also guessing your Mom didn't do a swab of your vagina to see if there were candida cultures in your vaginal discharge to diagnose a yeast infectiion.)

You NEED to go do that, okay? It's entirely possible you did not have a yeast infection at all, and all this ongoing irritation is due to another untreated infection.

In the future? NEVER take yeast infection mdication when you haven't been diagnosed before: it's actually a way to land yourself WITH one, because the treatment will skew the normal bacterial balance of your vagina. As well, spermicides are irritants, and also tend to be lousy birth control, unless used with a barrier mthod like a diaphrgm or cervical cap. Any irritation you already have is going to be elevated with spermicides.

And until you get to that doc, do yourself a favor and abstain from sex right now.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkleflower
Neophyte
Member # 26866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkleflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's true that many people are sensitive to spermicide. However, in this case it's more probable that you have an infection other than a yeast infection. For instance, BV usually manifests more with burning than itching. You definitely need to see your doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.