Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » EC period cycles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EC period cycles
jninja
Neophyte
Member # 25659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jninja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took EC in early November. My period was due November 27th, but it came over a week early, November 19th to be exact. It then lasted until November 28th.

Today is December 27th. Before EC, I've always had very regular cycles that were always on time, 27 days after I first received my period. ..27 days after November 19th puts me about a week late.

I know EC usually has effect on the period you have right after you take the EC, it did for me- my period came a week early. But what about now? Is it normal to have this period affected as well?

Before I took the EC, I had a pregnancy test that came back negative. I then took EC. I had protected sex one time after that. And a week after that, I got my period.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoSt4NoW
Neophyte
Member # 16249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoSt4NoW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it is normal for you to bleed longer and more heavily than normal after taking EC. My guess would be that your periods should last the same as normal but will start on a different week. See how this period lasts you and if it is like a normal period than just begin counting your days from a different date.
Posts: 35 | From: Decatur,IL,USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you need to take EC within 5 days of pregnancy risk (and I'm assuming that you did so), and a pregnancy test needs to be taken at least 10-14 days after the risk, the test you took could not have given you an accurate result at the time.

It sounds like the EC did work, as you cannot have a period when you are pregnant, and it is normal for it to muck around a bit with your regular cycles too. If you need some peace of mind, however, you can always take another test now.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.