Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » this might sound naive

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: this might sound naive
scaredsilly2
Activist
Member # 21893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredsilly2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This might sound like a childish question but..my boyfriend said today that he heard somewhere that a girl who masturbates more often is most likely to get pregnant. I don't believe this to be true. How might this have been a rumor?

I mean, I know that by masturbating a lot things might get boring or old quickly but I don't see how pregnancy ties to it.

------------------
the maker is surely one who makes themself

Posts: 146 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The short answer is, it doesn't. The longer answer is how could it?

Where DID I Come From?

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zmythoughts
Neophyte
Member # 25742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zmythoughts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe people think that if the women is more open..sperm will more likely come in contact with an egg? That probably doesn't make sense
Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, it doesn't make sense, because there is no such thing as "being more open." When a woman masturbates or is sexually active, her vagina is not any different in shape or size than before she was.

Plus, considering the size of sperm, microscopic is "open" enough for them to get through.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zmythoughts
Neophyte
Member # 25742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zmythoughts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then how come when a women first has sex and maybe a little bit afterwards it hurts when the guy enters her?
Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually that's because the first time or first couple times the woman isn't completely relaxed and aroused (anticipating how it will feel, for example, or just from inexperience about knowing how to relax before sex and how to become fully aroused) and the couple may not be using extra lubrication, which can also help.

Not being relaxed and aroused enough is really the biggest issue, and that can happen after the first times, too.

To add a note to that, not all women experience pain the first time they have intercourse.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zmythoughts
Neophyte
Member # 25742

I had pain since I was nervous the first time how it would feel. And plus we didn't have extra lub which now I can't live without!
PERVasive
Activist
Member # 25065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PERVasive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this is true, but I've read that for guys, masturbation does increase fertility, because it allows young sperm, which are more likely to fertilize an egg, to replace old sperm. Perhaps something similar happens in females, like with the lining of the uterus or something (?). I don't really know, just a thought...

------------------
- PERVasive

"Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain

Posts: 64 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is your source for that, PERVasive? Is it reliable?

As far as I know, the male body has natural ways of renewing its sperm, and masturbation is not neccessary for normal fertility. Likewise, the female body has an inbuilt way (the menstruation cycle) of producing a new ova (egg) every month, for which masturbation is not necessary.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.