Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Emergency Contraceptive Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Emergency Contraceptive Question
oncetwicethrice
Neophyte
Member # 25658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oncetwicethrice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had leftover BC pills, (which were on the list of BCs that can be used as EC pills) so as soon as I got to my place I took the first dose (5 pills). You're supposed to take another dose 12 hours later... but the problem was that 12 hours later was at 1AM... and I ******* fell asleep. (I hate myself) So when I woke up at 10:30AM I immediatly took another dose... but my question is this: Since I ****ed up and didn't take my second dose at the right time, do I have to take ANOTHER dose in 12 hours from now? Like... start all over type thing? I think my body is going to hate me for a while... The unprotected intercourse happened Wednesday morning, so it hasn't been 72 hours.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posts: 1 | From: Vancouver BC Canada | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, do NOT start all over, thus taking 20 pills.

I assume you did now take all ten pills: leave it at that, and hope for the best. Chances are, it'll be okay even with the lateness.

(And obviously, do yourself a favor by preparing yourself better next time by having condoms handy at all times, or by saying no when they're not.)

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.