Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Conceiving ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Conceiving ?
Kalye880
Neophyte
Member # 25228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalye880     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I know this is completely reversed from what y'll are normally asked.

I am 25 y/o and just recently married my longtime boyfriend of nearly 7years. I was on the pill for nearly 6 years of us dating and stop taking them about 4 months ago. During the time I was taking the pill, sometimes I would never bleed at all and would only have cramps right before and sometimes not even have a period. We want to have a family and I am concerned. After I stopped taking the pill my first 2 periods were almost 50 days apart. Then it came yesterday of only 30 days. We have been intimate for nearly everyday for the past 2 months with no protection of course and I am not pregnant yet. I also was told by my family doctor a few years ago that I had a "tipped Uterus". How long does it take after getting off the pills before you can become pregnant or does my tipped uterus have anything to do with it.

Posts: 5 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The idea that tilted uteruses cause any issues with fertility is pretty outmoded.

Not only have you JUST started trying to conceieve -- 2 months is early in, especially if you're not charting your cervical mucus and basal temps to estimate when you ovulate and then timingt the sex you have accordingly -- and sometimes, it can take even a year of being off the pill for normal cycles to resume. Does sound like yours are beginning to normalize, though.

A general rule of thumb is that once you have been trying for at least 6 months -- with timed intercourse per ovulation, not just willy-nilly -- and you haven't conceived, then it warrants further investigation. Anything else is hasty.

But before even trying to conceive, you should see an OB/GYN (and should every year regardless, as every woman should) just to make sure your reproductive health is sound. So, I'd suggest you set that app't up.

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.