Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » i'm gettin concerned

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i'm gettin concerned
rockerdude
Neophyte
Member # 7531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockerdude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my girl had her period in the beginning of september, i think it was around the 4th...last week we were making out and i was fingering her, and i put the tip of my penis inside of her but i didn't penetrate...we did that 3 other times within the past 2 weeks, all those times i didn't come or even penetrate her...
now her period is running late and i'm starting to freak out. she says she's fine but i'm just worried. could she be pregnant?

thank you

Posts: 6 | From: las vegas | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoSt4NoW
Neophyte
Member # 16249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoSt4NoW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to scare you but yes she could be pregnant so there are two things you can do 1) have her take a pregnancy test or 2)just wait to see if she starts. The reason how she could be pregnant even though u never came was because every guy has precum which contains, not a lot, but some sperm. Depending on how late she is I wouldnt worry. But if she is a week or more late then I would see about getting her a test.
Posts: 35 | From: Decatur,IL,USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the thing: if ANY part of your penis had direct contact with your partners vulva, let alone her vagina, you HAVE had intercourse, and you HAVE created pregnancy and STI risks.

Period. Punto. End of story. Biology doesn't give a hoot about "technical" virginity. It cares about genital contact and the exchange of body fluids.

So, yes, both pregnancy AND STIs (the latter for bot of you) are an issue here. Your partner ca take a pregnancy test now, the two of you should each schedule a full STI screen a month from now AND you should start being concerned in ADVANCE, whe it matters. That means using condoms, at a minimum, for all direct genital contact.

(It may also help to ditch the denial and accept that you're sexually active: just coming clean with that in your own head can make managing sexual health and risks more maturely and responsibly a lot easier.)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage • ST blog • about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.