Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Should I buy another one...?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I buy another one...?
ilovemysoldier
Neophyte
Member # 23042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovemysoldier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello to everyone!-

My periods have always been irregular and about a year ago I was taking Seasonale. The pills gave me headaches so I stopped taking them. Anyway, I haven't gotten my period for over 2 months now. I had protected sex on August 15th. And after about a month and a half of not having my period, I took a pregnancy test just to be on the safe side. It was negative. That was almost a month ago and I still haven't gotten my period. Should I buy another pregnancy test? What could be the reason(s) for not getting my period?

Thanks-
Jess

------------------
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all of its pupils."

"Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved."

Posts: 23 | From: Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoSt4NoW
Neophyte
Member # 16249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoSt4NoW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not sure exactly why you have not started your period. It could be the after effect of going off of Seasonele. But what I would do is see your gynecologist to see what is going on and maybe get another pregnancy test from them to double check. If you want a free pregnancy test you can go to a Planned Parenthood near by if you have one. They give them for free.
Posts: 35 | From: Decatur,IL,USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovemysoldier
Neophyte
Member # 23042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovemysoldier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stopped taking the Seasonale long enough ago to where it shouldn't be effecting my cycle anymore. I have talked to my mom about going to the doctor to see why my periods are so late, but she said I should just be thankful that I don't get it. As far as she knows, I'm still a virgin...which I'm not. So she doesn't see any reason why I should go. I almost bought another test today but decided that I would hold off another week.

------------------

Posts: 23 | From: Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovemysoldier
Neophyte
Member # 23042

Well...I went out and bought another pregnancy test. This one came out negative as well. So tomorrow morning I am going to make an appointment to see the doctor for an exam and probably birth control. I just don't understand why I wouldn't be getting my period?!? Is it possible that I am pregnant and the tests just aren't working?..twice??

-Jessica

------------------

Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, there are a number of reasons why a non-pregnant woman may miss a period. Here is the Scarleteen article about it:

MIA or Dude, Where's My Period?

But, yes, having your period cease over several months is worth a visit to you GYN, if only to rule out serious health problems.

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.