Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Fingering...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fingering...
-Silver-
Neophyte
Member # 25612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Silver-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I realize that oral and anal are actual forms of sex, but would fingering be considered "sex"? Why or why not? Please give me as much info as you can, I'm at a bit of a crossroads with my relationship.

Also, if anyone could give me advice on preparing for that...ex. clipping pubic hair or what-not (I'm a girl).

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PERVasive
Activist
Member # 25065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PERVasive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally consider "sex" to include any partnered explicitly sexual activity, be it cybering, fingering, or intercourse. What most people call sex I call intercourse, because to me that's just one available option, and at this point one I'm not interested in. So when people ask me if I have had sex, I say "yes, but not intercourse" or something like that.

I do somewhat heirarchize sexual activities in terms of intimacy, based largely on the body parts involved, and I would definitely consider anal and vaginal intercourse to be much more intimate than any kind of oral stimulation, and certainly more than manual stimulation. In terms of your relationship, I'd say don't worry about categorizing activities as "sex" or "not really sex," but think more specifically about what you are willing to do and what you aren't. There are numerous "checklists" of sexual activities elsewhere on the web that I sometimes helpful for this, but they are probably too explicit to post here. I hope that was helpful !

As to pubic hair, I personally don't really care, but I know a lot of guys do, so really you should ask your partner (I'm sure plenty of other people here will lecture you about how you shouldn't shave it if you don't want to, so I won't, and I have a feeling this is more what you were looking for). I know one guy from camp who broke up with his girlfriend because she didn't shave her pubic hair, and then he complained about her being "shallow". We got a good laugh out of that one!

------------------
- PERVasive

"Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain

Posts: 64 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing to keep in mind--in your brain, an orgasm is an orgasm, regardless of how it is achieved. Oral, manual, anal, or otherwise.

PERvasive gave a very good rundown on the pubic hair thing. Basically, do what's right for you.

In the mean time, check out these articles. They'll be of great help.

First Intercourse 101
Orgasm and Sexual Response
Ready or Not?
Safe, Sound…And Sexy!

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.