Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Urgent!! Need Some Kind Of Advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urgent!! Need Some Kind Of Advice
bombsh3ll
Neophyte
Member # 25199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bombsh3ll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a day late in my cycle and when I keep thinking that my period is coming there is nothing there but I feel like a dripping sensation like it is my period but when I look in my panties there is just like milky discharge and I am worried that I can be Pregnant. Because around the time that I should be fertile my boyfriend and I was having unprotected sex and using the withdrawl method. The last time that I had a Period was September 4th and is a 28day cycle. I am a bit scared and confused. However I am calm ready 2 hear whatever news u give me. Thank You for taking the time to help me out.
Posts: 11 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredsilly2
Activist
Member # 21893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredsilly2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a day late in your normal cycle is nothing too serious, granted it can vary time to time. I'd be more concerned if you don't your period in the next few days due to unprotected sex. Get a pregnancy and find out now rather than wait.

------------------
the maker is surely one who makes themself

Posts: 146 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you actually had a pregnancy risk since your last period?

As tainted closure said, a day late isn't even that late ...

If i were you, (and if you have actually had a risk since your last period) i'd wait a few more days and then take a test. It's not at all uncommon for a woman's period to be a day or two off, and it's not a big deal.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to point out that the so-called 'withdrawal method' is not an effective preventor of STDs or pregnancy. In the future, I'd use a condom. : ) Anywho, although it's unlikely that you're pregnant, it's still a possibility and I suggest you take a test. You and your partner might want to get tested for STDs as well (if you haven't already been).

Also, about the discharge, I wouldn't be worried, really. To the best of my knowledge increased discharge around your period is perfectly normal. I know I tend to get the sort of dripping sensation you've discribed for a few days before my period. It's actually a convienient warning to get stocked up on pads. That and the PMS...

Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.