Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » being more adventrous

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: being more adventrous
cherry32
Neophyte
Member # 23371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cherry32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend have been together for almost 5 months and we have fooled around a few times. Everytime we do stuff it seems like hes only pleasing me. I feel like i dont do anything for him. I guess im just scared that I wont do it right. Is there anything that I can do to be more adventrous???
Posts: 21 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ariesdiva
Activist
Member # 23103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ariesdiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ask him what he likes
Posts: 74 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, there really isn't anything to do "wrong," so long as you and your partner are communicating.

And the awkward fumbling that can happen when any sexual activity is new to one or both partners is a part of intimacy: to actually create real intimacy, you've got to be willing to look like an *** sometimes, to fumble and laugh about it, to be able to say, openly, "Yo: I have no clue what I'm doing here, but it feels good to me: do you like it, too?" or to simply say what you've said here and engage in a discussion with your partner about it.

And if you don't feel ready for that yet, then that's okay: none of this should be a big hurry, and you should always feel able to go at your own most comfortable pace.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage • ST blog • about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.