Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » A-spot

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A-spot
slutpuppy
Neophyte
Member # 7003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slutpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guy friend and I were thinking of experimenting with his "A-spot" and I have some questions. Firstly, is there any chance of damaging his prostate? Also, does this orgasm take longer to achieve or is the response really fast? Thanks.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can only assume you mean his anus.

(Really, real terminology is helpful. Endless slang that means little to anyone else just tends to muddy things up.)

How your partner does or doen't respond to anal stimulus is going to be individual, just as its individual who any person responds to a given type of stimulus or area stimulated. Orgasm is whole-body: so there aren't orgasms for areas -- they still happen primarily in the entire nervous system, with genital effects. In other words, there are not anal orgasms or clitoral orgasms or vaginal orgasms, etc. There iso or gasm which may be reached primariyly or solely via stimulus to those areas, but orgasm is still whole body. Your partner may or may not reach orgasm from anal play alone, and if he does (from anal play alone or anal play combined with something else) it may take any amount of time, again, just like orgasm from anything else varies from person-to-person and day-to-day.

Anal play is highly unlikely to damage the prostate, as the prostate can't actually be reached via the anus: anal play simply stimulates it because the prostate is located inside the body in such a way that stimulus to the anus indirectly stimulates it.

Injury or pain is more likely to be to the anus or rectum itself, and when a partner is doing very gradual play (per size and depth), using PLENTY of lubricant, employing safer sex practices AND both partners are communicating clearly throughout, injury is unlikely.

(Also, any toys used MUST have a flared base -- unlike the vagina, things can get trapped inside the anus otherwise.)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage • ST blog • about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slutpuppy
Neophyte
Member # 7003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slutpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I did mean the anus. Thanks for the response
Posts: 18 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.