Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Discharge while Pregnant??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Discharge while Pregnant??
x8624
Neophyte
Member # 24929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for x8624     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently had sex with my boyfriend, but he waited a couple minutes to take the condom off after he had an orgasm [the box says you are supposed to take it out immediatley after] and the outside of the condom got REALLY wet, and I am 100% positive that it wasnt because of me. I think his cum might have gotten out.

anyways, the question is... if you are a couple weeks pregnant, do you still get daily discharge? because i dont know if i am or not, but I still get discharge every day.

thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the things that makes penetrative sex particularly enjoyable is the fact that it's quite wet. Your vagina has plenty of discharges--it helps clean it out, and makes sex pleasurable. Women naturally lubricate if they are sufficiently aroused for penetration. Companies make artifical lubricants for when the natural lube isn't enough. So, the odds are very good that the external wetness was indeed from you.

The main site has some fantastic articles, which will help answer your questions. More specifically, Honorably Discharged explains your discharges and their various uses and functions.

As for your pregnancy concern, the only way to tell is to have a positive pregnancy test. If you are really concerned, take a test, though according to our Risk Chart your risk is rather low. You used a condom, and a split or break would be noticable.

I hope this helps with some of your concerns. Go ahead and read the main site. There's some really good stuff on there.

------------------
No survivors? Then where do the stories come from, I wonder?

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gubblebum
Activist
Member # 15249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gubblebum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you know that the outside of the condom was not wet just from your own lubrication? Chances are, it was, and you just never realized the amount of lubrication that your vagina can produce.

I've never had a condom break, but from hearing stories it's proetty obvious that it breaks because the tear is very large and semen is everywhere. So I doubt you'd miss it if your condom broke.

The reason you're supposed to have him withdraw immediately after ejaculation (and do it next time!) is to prevent the condom from falling off if he pulls off later. If the condom remained on his penis then you should be all right.

There's a site here that you can use to determine your pregnancy and STD risk: http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk.html
But at this point, it sounds as though you could just take a pregnancy test and find out (you said you would be a couple of weeks pregnant). Any OTC test should ease your worries. Just follow the directions on the box.

Posts: 213 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.