Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » ConTiNueD qUeStiOn..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ConTiNueD qUeStiOn..
dazed_n_confused
Neophyte
Member # 22077

Icon 4 posted      Profile for dazed_n_confused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay, .. i don't understand something though.. do you really think the chances of pregnancy are at high risk?

even though the condom was expired, and we only did it for about 5 minutes, .. how much could possibly be relased, if any?.. and with protection on, i do not understand why there is a risk of getting pregnant.. or is there? ..

expired condom, 5 minutes of penetration, no ejaculation, possibly no pre-ejaculation.. what is the answer?

by the way, another question for the sexperts.. do you people have qualifications to make these suggestions? ... just a question =)

Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Please keep replies about one topic in the same thread in the future. Makes it a lot easier to know what a poster is talking about. Thanks.)

If you didn't have any breakage or tears, you aren't likely to have had a pregnancy risk.

Per my own and the staff (and the volunteers expertise), yes, everyone here has not only read (or written) the material at the site here itself, but are educated in various other ways per sex information, and are also expected to keep very current with the information through various reliable resources so they remain current. As made clear in the registration agreement, however, no one here is a doctor nor should be used as replacement for one. Those with medical background -- such as our volunteer in med school, another in a nursing program, and the other who is a practicing nurse -- generally make that clear in their posts.

Butcha know, questions like this are actually really simple, it's just a matter of having done or doing simple research from accurate sources.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage • ST blog • about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dazed_n_confused
Neophyte
Member # 22077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dazed_n_confused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so i should be fine right? .. because there was no breakage or tears (we checked..) ..

so how safe am i? .. the only mistake we made was that it was accidently expired, but it was only about for 5 minutes anyway, so he did not ejaculate, and shouldn't have released any kidnd of fluid? .. yeah..

so i should be alright,...?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you are worried about a pregnancy risk, then simply take a home pregnancy test. there is tons of info on the site about them so i'll leave that to you to look it up but really, the only way to know for sure is to take the test.
Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.