Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Fellatio - Is it Expected of Me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fellatio - Is it Expected of Me?
squiddle
Neophyte
Member # 3359

Icon 5 posted      Profile for squiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fellatio is something that I really don't see myself doing, but I get the impression that guys expect it just as much as they expect regular intercourse. Even though I will probably change over time, I was curious what everyone else's thoughts are on this subject. I mean, am I alone to absolutely *not* want to participate in giving it?

------
September 2005:

WOW.... I posted that SOOOOOOO long ago.

Well, it wasn't just a while ago, a TON of stuff has happened since then. I.E. I actually LOVE doing that now... among other things that I never thought I'd do.

What I can I say? College "happened to me"....

[This message has been edited by squiddle (edited 09-25-2005).]

Posts: 17 | From: Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apricot
Neophyte
Member # 16443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apricot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, if you don't want to do it, DON'T do it. Just because "it is expected of you" or may seem expected of you, doesn't mean you have to do it. Do only what you're comfortable with.

Talk it over with your boyfriend or significant other and see what you both want and don't want and your views on different things, like this.

Are you okay with him doing oral sex on you? If so, why should it be okay for him to do it to you but not for you to do it to him? If not, why is it that you don't want to give him a blow job and don't want oral sex performed on yourself?

Just some thoughts...I'm definitely not an expert by any means but that is what came to my mind.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it comes ot sex, nothing should ever be expected of you. you are under no obligation whatsoever to do anything that you find uncomfortable. If you do not want to perform fellatio, it is your right to refuse. It is your body, you control it.

There will be times when a partner will pressure you into doing something you're not 110% sure about. In these cases, you justn eed ot know how ot stand oyur ground. If your partner is respectful, your partner will back off and not make a big fuss of it.

the following article will help you immesely, please read it: Sexual Negotiations for the Long Haul

------------------
"Young lady, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" Homer Simpson

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faeryprinces
Activist
Member # 12405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faeryprinces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I am the same way, I dont want to have any part in fellatio at all. I dont want oral done to me and i dont want to perform it on my boyfriend. I thought i'd maybe change about it too, but i've been with my boyfriend for almost a year and a half and i still have the same opinion about it. It's just not for me. I remember the first time i told my boyfriend that i would never, and he was like awe-struck...then he tried to explain to me that it was no big deal and blah blah blah, and I was like "i dont care, personally i think its gross, i'm not doing it"...he gave it up for awhile, but then it came back again. He tried telling me again it was no big deal and he said to me "come on, i have a condom on.." and I firmly told him no. And he has NEVER asked me again. That was about 8 or 9 months ago...

So like gumdrop said, you have to be firm with your decisions, and know how to stand your ground and really let him know. I really honestly dont think my boyfriend believed me until the second time he mentioned it, and i argued with him. I was very upset that he would even ask since i thought he knew my postition on it...but now he knows, and he respects that decision gracefully

Posts: 227 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Umikun 13
Neophyte
Member # 25481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Umikun 13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This ex-friend of mine actually had the nerve to say that any woman who doesn't do fellatio is "sexually repressed." I tried to tell him that some women just don't like doing it. Sure, I like doing cunnilingus, but I don't expect every other man to enjoy it. Who'd have thought that people could be condemned for sexual activities they don't do!

------------------
As president, you will have one day being sworn in and four years being sworn at.

Posts: 3 | From: Sodegaura, Chiba, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
squiddle
Neophyte
Member # 3359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for squiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case you haven't already... note the post date and the date I posted for the second half of the post....

[This message has been edited by squiddle (edited 09-25-2005).]

Posts: 17 | From: Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.