Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Possible PID/STI?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible PID/STI?
CV_cutie
Neophyte
Member # 13144

Icon 5 posted      Profile for CV_cutie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For about two months now, I've been having abdominal pains. I've seen my gynocologist and was told I had a lesion on my cervix. I've found a small lump on my lower abdomin and was wondering if this could possibly be on of the effects of the lesion or if it could actually be some other form of STI/Non-Sexually Transsmitted Infections? I was looking at your p.i.d. section and thought maybe that could be what i have? so, could someone please inform me on the possibilities and severity of my condition? I would be very grateful. Thanks
Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrettyGirlSuffering
Activist
Member # 11811

Icon 11 posted      Profile for PrettyGirlSuffering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CV_cutie:
For about two months now, I've been having abdominal pains. I've seen my gynocologist and was told I had a lesion on my cervix. I've found a small lump on my lower abdomin

Not to scare you at all, I've never had a lesion on my cervix, but if you found a small 'lump' and you've had abdominal pains, you might have cervical cancer. I'm not exactly sure what the symptoms and stuff are, but my guess would be that when you find a lump on your breast that could be a sign of breast cancer, I assume it's the same for other areas of the body? Don't let what I said scare you, I'm just saying it might not be an STD or STI. I would go back to your GYN and tell them what you've found and what symptoms you've had, etc. Are you sexually active? Sometimes when you have sex a guy's penis can hit your cervix really hard and cause pain. That's happened to me before, and I was a little sore for a few days after...

Many, many different possibilities. I say go back to your doc. Good luck, hope you feel well soon!

------------------
.n.i.n.a.

-=No one can make you feel inferior without your consent=-Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 71 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's not guess at worst case scenarios, okay?

But yes, those symptoms would merit a trip to the doctor for a full workup, IMO. It may also mean a trip to a GP, because the two things could also be totally unrelated. That abdominal lump could be lots of things: a hernia, for instance.

If you've had untreated infections, that'd be the biggest signal that PID is a possibility, but I'd not jump to that nor to cancer. I'd see both a GP and a GYN to have yourself looked at.

FYI, lesions on the cervix can be lots of things. Yes, it can be a cervical cancer symptom, but it can also be due to HPV and other things. So, get back in there, ask more questions about it, follow up.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68184 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.