Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » condoms...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condoms...
guynamedthomas
Activist
Member # 11236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guynamedthomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are there any places online that will send you free condoms? also that would preferrably wouldnt say "free condoms" on the box.
Posts: 97 | From: atlanta, ga | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The1andonlyAmber
Activist
Member # 12779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The1andonlyAmber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm imagine that this is to reduce the emabarrasment factor?

If it is, then are you really ready for sex? If your too embarrased to admit to someone in a shop that you're having sex maybe you need to have a re-think?

I know you can get them free from your doctor though, well in the uk you can.

Sorry if that was no help

------------------
Why is it that the person that makes you cry, is the only one who can make you stop.

Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can obtain free condoms at most family planning clinics, like Planned Parenthood branches.

If it's a financial issue, though, it's worth stopping and considering if you're ready for sex if you can't afford condoms, which cost a LOT less than emergency contraception, abortion or childrearing, and regular sexual healthcare, all of which you'll need to be able to potentially obtain and afford to be sexually active in a healthy, sane and responsible way.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out these threads on getting free safer sex supplies:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/000274.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/000039.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/000084.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/000138.html

The board search function is our friend .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guynamedthomas
Activist
Member # 11236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guynamedthomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i joined freecondoms.com and i signed up for a couple things w/o paying a dime and am now recieved 40 durex condoms, and a 100ml or lube for free. i am just mentioning this because i know so many people have asked for a place to get free condoms online, as well as myself. i joined one that got me 40condoms alone by signing up for one day to a site, calling them 5min later and cancelling my subscription and that was that.
if you want to know the site, it is... http://www.FreeCondoms.com/default.aspx?referer=2073968

sorry if you consider this to be an ad or somthing, feel free to delete it, but i myself was looking for something like this and didnt really get much of an answer and im just tryin to help out

Posts: 97 | From: atlanta, ga | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guynamedthomas
Activist
Member # 11236

Icon 4 posted      Profile for guynamedthomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just received my 40condoms and WET lube in the mail. everything in a brown package with nothing referring to sex. the condoms expire in 2007! hope they don't last that long though;]
Kat_12345
Neophyte
Member # 11573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kat_12345     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, just clicked on the links above but there doesn't seem to be any freebies for us Brits! Can anyone help me out here?
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I belive the Brook centres (which provide sexual health care for people under 25 in the UK) provide free condoms.

If there isn't a Brook centre near you, their freephone helpline (0800 0185 023) can tell you what the nearest young people's service is.

Lots of local services also provide free condoms - if you let me know what county you're interested in, I can see if I can find out resources in that area.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kat_12345
Neophyte
Member # 11573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kat_12345     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in England. I think there's a Brook near me, but are you allowed to just walk in and say "I'd like some free condoms please"?!
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guynamedthomas
Activist
Member # 11236

i am pretty sure you would be allowed to ask, they wouldnt arrest ya, unless i am unaware of that law? but would they give em to ya, i have no idea.

ha, sorry for not helpin ya at all

logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

guynamedthomas, there's really no point in posting just to say you don't know the answer to someone's question.

The Brook centres exist to look after young people's sexual health, so I'm sure they'd have no problems if you went in and asked about free condoms .

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.