Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » taking your Pill while on Holiday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: taking your Pill while on Holiday
The1andonlyAmber
Activist
Member # 12779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The1andonlyAmber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take my pill in the evening, but what happens if I want to go off on holiday? I haven't been on holiday while I've had to take my pill, I'm just interested for future refrence!

What happens with the time zones? Say I normally take it about 6pm and I go away somewhere thats like 8hours ahead? would I have to take it at (squints eyes to work it out)2am?
Just for future refrence!
(thinking about it now, this would be better suited in the birth control section!)
------------------
Why is it that the person that makes you cry, is the only one who can make you stop.

[This message has been edited by The1andonlyAmber (edited 05-06-2003).]

Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ether
Neophyte
Member # 12855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ether     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to paris and rome over spring break with a friend. Instead of takig it at 3:30 I took it at 9:30. If you set an alarm, like I did on my cellphone, to take it - just wake up and take it if you're sleeping. Or perhaps if you're planning on going on a major trip, try to arrange your scheduling for your pill at the start of a new month so that you will end up taking it at a reasonable hour no matter where you go.
Posts: 13 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The1andonlyAmber
Activist
Member # 12779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The1andonlyAmber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I could do that, change my time I mean after a week off?

I always thought I could, but was never sure-which is unlike me!

------------------
Why is it that the person that makes you cry, is the only one who can make you stop.

Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ether
Neophyte
Member # 12855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ether     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I figure it'd be better than taking it at 3am or something. It would cause a lot of uneeded stress on your body to stay up really late to take it. I figured it was best to just switch times. I've had to do that before due to job times and whatnot. Where it was easier to start a new month taking it at the time I normally had lunch break instead of risking missing it every day during a busy time.
Posts: 13 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.